Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to sign up

Options
  • 10-06-2015 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi

I've just moved into a new house share where 2 of the tenants have been in situ for a year or 2. The person who moved out was in charge of the electricity bill so I need to take this over and put it it my name.

As far as I know the account is still active and I have all of the details from the most recent bill. Am I able to just transfer the account over? Will I be classed as a new customer? Since I will be paying by direct debit I assume I will not need to provide a security deposit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Good morning.

You would need to supply a reading, the MPRN and the full address. We can issue a final bill for the previous person. As long as you set up on direct debit, you won't need to pay a deposit. You can provide us your details here if you wish, but we can't take your bank details. Alternatively, you can register online here or ring our colleagues in the Sales team on 1850 305 090.

Do let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Hi Aoife

Thanks a mill for your reply.

I don't have a key for the meter so can't do a reading myself. I know the previous tenant submitted a reading the day she moved out/I moved in - can this reading just be used instead? I have all of the details of her account.

Also is is possible to arrange for someone to give me a callback to set me up? What time are the sales dept available until?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again thisistough,

Certainly if you are agreeing to take over registration for usage from the point of that meter-reading, it can indeed be used to open your account.

Besides the meter-reading, the previous tenant's details would not be required - all that would be required are the MPRN and address in full, as Aoife advised, and then your own details: telephone number, email, date of birth and bank details (IBAN) for direct debit. If you ever had an Electric Ireland/ESB Customer Supply account in your name before, also, that account number can be "recycled" for you.

Once your account is opened, the previous tenant's account will be automatically closed as of the date she moved out and the point of the meter-reading. The final bill for usage up to that point will be issued also.

We can indeed ask the Sales team to give you a call - just private message your name and telephone number, and we will pass your callback request on. The Sales team are here until 8pm so the latest they could call you at would be approximately 7.45. If there is any particular time you are unable to take a call, do let us know, so that we can advise Sales to avoid calling you then.

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland. We are here on Boards/other social media channels until 6pm.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Hi Una

Just wanted to say thanks for arranging the call for me last night.

Richard called on time and was fantastic. He was really polite and was able to answer every question I threw at him. He did a great job of explaining everything thing and he's a credit to your sales team.

I think people are always quick to shout about things when they go wrong so I hope that you can pass my thanks along to Richard and his team leader - he made me glad that I chose to sign up with ye.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Thank you so much thisistough for the acknowledgement and kind words - we are delighted to read it!

We will indeed pass this on to Richard and his team leader.

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement