Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 stuck on start screen

• 10-06-2015 7:51pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So my dad has a Windows 8 PC, I put a start menu replacement on it as he'd be terribly confused with the rubbish metro.

Unfortunately hes now stuck on the windoes 8 start menu and cant get back to the desktop, I'm not there so cant help him. I tried Win+D and searching but he cant figure it out. I dont want to have to go all the way over to him, is there a shortcut to getting to the normal desktop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

just the Windows Key on it's own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭themadhair

Windows Key + X will bring up a useful menu that you can use to launch the task manager (either click it with the mouse or use the T key).

From the task menu close down the start menu replacement software since (I assume) might be the cause of your father's issue.

Advertisement