Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timer or Booster?

Options
  • 10-06-2015 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭

I have a water heater in the apartment I've just moved into that's set to come on for 5 hours at night on an off peak timer. The time was set when it was installed (before I moved in) and I can't change it. This seems like an awful waste to me as I live by myself and would rarely have much need for hot water until later in the day. Would I be better to have the timer function switched off completely and just use the booster switch for about 30 minutes in the evening? Or would that prove much more costly? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

bopper wrote: »
    I have a water heater in the apartment I've just moved into that's set to come on for 5 hours at night on an off peak timer. The time was set when it was installed (before I moved in) and I can't change it. This seems like an awful waste to me as I live by myself and would rarely have much need for hot water until later in the day. Would I be better to have the timer function switched off completely and just use the booster switch for about 30 minutes in the evening? Or would that prove much more costly? Thanks.

The cheapest option would be to figure out how to change the settings on the timer you have. Either type the make and model into google and download the user manual or put it on here and someone may know how to reprogram it.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

From what you said I would say, to keep life simple, is to do as you suggested. 30 minutes use of electricity will cost very little ( even at the dearer day rate)- assuming that you of not need much hot water

Advertisement