Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 JC Home Economics - all levels - June 12th 2015***

• 10-06-2015 8:22pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the exams AFTER they have been held.

Please indicate which level paper you are talking about.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ✭✭AvrilDoyle2000

Thought it was a lovely paper. Think I got most of the shorts, the skin and consumer I think I definitely almost got full marks. The question one was fine except I didn't get types of sauces. The vegetable question at first was hard but managed to remember bits. Hoping for a B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ylroy

Thought it was a lovely paper. Think I got most of the shorts, the skin and consumer I think I definitely almost got full marks. The question one was fine except I didn't get types of sauces. The vegetable question at first was hard but managed to remember bits. Hoping for a B.

Same situation as mine, do you think if we get a B in our exam we could still get an A if we get good marks for our project and cooking?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ✭✭AvrilDoyle2000

I don't know sorry will have to wait for the results good luck :3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ylroy wrote: »
    Same situation as mine, do you think if we get a B in our exam we could still get an A if we get good marks for our project and cooking?

If you are doing HL, the exam is worth 300 marks and the cooking is worth 210 and the project is worth 90, for a total of 600.

Let's say (just for argument's sake) you got a middling B grade in the exam - that would be about 78%, or 234 marks.

If you did well on the cooking, let's say you got 180 marks out of 210 (not going mad) and let's say 75 out of 90 on the project (again, not going overboard).

That would give a total of 489 out of 600, which would be 81.5%, not a million miles from an A. You can see how just a little bit higher marks than the estimates I made and you would have your A.

Don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kthryn

<mod snip> same thing posted elsewhere - please do your own work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement