Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on Warning

Options
  • 10-06-2015 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭

Hi there!

This isn't the most serious thing in the world, but I figured I might just raise this as a question as I know these things stay on one's record. Only just found out about this forum, hence my delay.

I got a warning for "personal abuse" on this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057441894&page=8 (I've linked the specific page).

I got the warning and PMd back an apologetic explanation (I'm unsure if it was the phrase "furtive-looking" that did it, or just persisting in engaging with the other chap at all, who seemed to really have it in for the OP), but didn't get a response (mind you, I didn't -really- ask a question in it, so Mod may have just left it at that, not really unfairly.). I don't like badgering, but since I know these things stay on one's record, I would kinda like to have it glanced at.

Since I'm posting on a different public page, I've omitted the other person's name from it, rather than make our little squabble more public :D

[Warning issued on June 5th]
    riginally Posted by Boom_Bap
    Dear Samaris,

You have been warned for personal abuse.

This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

Moderator Note

attack the post, not the poster(s)
    Experience...}
    Experience that OP persistently makes things up as part of her apparent anti-cyclist agenda? Do you follow her around with a CCTV camera or something?

[Y], spotted a furtive-looking chap/chappess following you around Dublin lately?

Response [June 5th]:
    Oh crikey, sorry about that, it was intended as a joke based on his comments about CCTV as proof and implying the OP was a liar in a rather weird and specific way. It was really a joke based on "prove it didn't happen" then, since he seemed to require CCTV footage to prove a very minor incident happened.

"Furtive-looking" was not so much a dig at "[X]" (since I don't know what s/he looks like) so much as anyone hypothetically following someone probably would be furtive! No intent at personal abuse though.

Not so much arguing the warning as explaining my position here, I certainly wasn't intending abuse!

Samaris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi Samaris:

I have discussed this with the mod who issued the warning & we are happy to remove it.

This is due to the fact that there was no malice in the post, & especially your polite & apologetic PM to the mod. That was very much appreciated.

The card will be removed in the next day or so.

All the best,

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Thanks very much! I'll be a bit more careful with my phrasing in future :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement