Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resigning Director rand New Companies Act

Options
  • 10-06-2015 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi,

My fellow director is resigning from our company, we are the only 2 directors.

Instead of appointing a new director can i change my company over to the new Private Company limited by shares (LTD) where only 1 director is needed?

I understand i will have to appoint a secretary also.

Thanks
    T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

Yes. You will need to file an amended constitution, pass a special resolution of the company and file a copy of it with the CRO and form n1. Then the other director resigns using B10.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

dbran wrote: »
    Hi

Yes. You will need to file an amended constitution, pass a special resolution of the company and file a copy of it with the CRO and form n1. Then the other director resigns using B10.

dbran

Thanks for the prompt reply. Do you reckon I can do it all myself or do I need a solicitor involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

You could maybe do it yourself but you will spend a heck of a lot of time researching it so that it is done properly. Ask your accountant to do it for you for a small fee.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

dbran wrote: »
    Hi

You could maybe do it yourself but you will spend a heck of a lot of time researching it so that it is done properly. Ask your accountant to do it for you for a small fee.

dbran

Thanks

Advertisement