Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a motherboard please

Options
  • 10-06-2015 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Core i3-3225 CPU unused and am considering a build from spare parts that I can find around the place.

My preferences would include

One SATA 600 for SSD and a min of 4 altogether the others could be SATA 300

Gigabit LAN (be nice if there were two)

USB 3 x 2 (min) the balance being USB 2

HDMI & VGA

3 x PCI-e one of them PCI-e 2.0 (min) x 16

DDR3 RAM 8 GB min

I don't want to splurge on this motherboard.
    I would intend to use it for everyday use (no gaming at all), so on line use including video at full HD would probably the heaviest use this machine will get, except for intermittent video transcoding or such.

I expect I have RAM, case, PSU, keyboard, mouse and display.
    The on board graphics will be sufficient for the present, but the option to insert a card if required is needed.

I am not a bit worried about the board size, provided it has all the connections required.

I really am not in any way current with motherboards or what might be best or available.
    The main thing is CHEAP :)

I know ... a strange request ... but maybe someone will have some ideas for me ...

Comments

Advertisement