Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deals on baby equipment?

Options
  • 10-06-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Anyone know of any good deals at the moment for buggys, strollers, car seats etc...?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Boots.ie are doing 15% off prams/travel-systems etc. when ordered online.
    We had been looking at the beep twist system in baby elegance store. We ordered it from boots with isofix base and ended up saving about €100!
    Plus home delivery was free and took less than a week, happy days
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

My sister got the baby elegance bundle for €999. Seems to have everything she needed for baby, cot ,high hair, buggy, changing bag, car seat loads of stuff! Looks decent quality too

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ethel

john locke wrote: »
    Anyone know of any good deals at the moment for buggys, strollers, car seats etc...?

Many thanks

Might not be a popular suggestion with first time parents, but if you really want to save on money its worth considering charity shops. There are always plenty of baby equipment and clothes, still in great condition in the charity shops.

I wanted everything brand spanking new on my first, but you get cute on how to save money with the babies that follow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Was going to suggest looking for what you want second hand. And remember babies don't need very much, apart from a car seat (don't buy this second hand though) and babygros. If you're looking to keep costs low look into using cloth nappies and wipes. They have saved us a fortune. Those lists of baby 'essentials' aren't really right for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Totally agree with above posters, we did lots and lots of research into what the most practical and cost effective purchases for us would be.

Have gone with cloth nappies (clothnappylibrary.ie is a great source of info), MacLaren quest stroller (only 230e new from Boots {lots of points} and is suitable from birth), changing table bought on Adverts, we have gone for a co-sleeper which is about 220e and will last until 6-9months but following that we will be buying the Ikea cot which is 80e. Car seat and Isofix base we bought second hand FROM A FRIEND, though you should never buy a second hand one from anyone you don't know well, as you don't know the history.

Ask around your work colleagues and see if anyone can lend you anything, not sure where you're based but there is a group called "Dublin Mamas Freecycle" on FB and I'm sure other similar ones around the country that you could join and people are always popping up stuff for free or cheap on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

+1 for Adverts, we've saved quiet a bit by buying a few bits and pieces here second hand.
    Also you can get lucky in Tk maxx, I've seen some lovely changing bags, bottles, blankets etc for really good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Mothercare have a big sale on at the moment, says up to 50% on car seats and buggies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Boots have their triple points event on right now, the shop in Liffey Valley has lots and lots of baby stuff, as does their website, get plenty of points and use them to pay for other baby gear!

Advertisement