Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terenure to dundrum

Options
  • 10-06-2015 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi :) what would be the best way to get to dundrum from terenure .. I was told the 17 bus ? Is it reliable and how long would it take ? I would need to be at work at half eight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Use www.a-b.ie but 17 should be okay especially once the schools are out and even now the traffic is a bit quieter. Make sure to input your exact start and end points, there seems to be a 17 at 805 but that could be a bit tight, you'll probably have a choice of being early for work or getting a but into town and then the luas or the 61 out depending on where in dundrum your work is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Its not far on a bike if you have one

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You'll walk it in less than an hour. Pretty much just walk down to Dodder Park road and it's straight from there. Some mornings you'd be halfway to Dundrum by the time a bus arrives. Especially on days like today it's a great way to start your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

seamus wrote: »
    You'll walk it in less than an hour. Pretty much just walk down to Dodder Park road and it's straight from there. Some mornings you'd be halfway to Dundrum by the time a bus arrives. Especially on days like today it's a great way to start your day.

This is what I was about to suggest, would take about 45 mins

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 17 is reliable in the mornings.

There are buses through Terenure (I'm quoting times at the Synagogue) at approximately:

07:45
    07:55 (this is an extra bus that starts at the KCR and may operate during school terms only)
    08:05

These will get you to Dundrum LUAS bridge at approximately:
    08:05-08:10
    08:15-08:15
    08:25-08:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 CAIgirl

Thanks guy I really appreciate it .... Don't know if I will walk it as it says it takes hour and 20 from my house .... So bike or bus ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

CAIgirl wrote: »
    Thanks guy I really appreciate it .... Don't know if I will walk it as it says it takes hour and 20 from my house .... So bike or bus ðŸ˜႒

Depends how much you value your sleep in the morning; I reckon you'd need to be on the bus by 7:30 to make it for 8:30 whereas it shouldn't take much more than 20mins to cycle. I know which I'd go for!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

The bus is terribly infrequent (especially on weekends) and hits a few busy traffic spots when the schools are in (You could be sitting on the Ter Rd West for 20 mins for example).

Bike all the way if possible! Fairly flat cycle as well..

Advertisement