Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

argos price difference

Options
  • 10-06-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi,
    i was just wondering if argos can increase their catalogue prices. i want to get an item that is €47 in the spring summer 15 catalogue but its coming up at €63 online. Is this a mistake or can they do this?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Catalogue states that prices are liable to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have heard of them honouring a lower price before. But I think it was an item somebody reserved at a lower price and still got for that lower price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

They can change their prices at any given time as long as you are aware of the price at time of purchase. I think it's called invitation to treat

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's wishful thinking to imagine that the prices in a printed catalogue are set in stone. Even a bricks and mortar shop advertising a price in the window can claim it's a mistake and refuse to honour it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

They can change their prices at any given time as long as you are aware of the price at time of purchase. I think it's called invitation to treat

Some stores would even cancel an online sale, if the price was incorrect on the website...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That pretty much goes for anywhere. There is a real myth surrounding customers entitlement to a pricing before reaching the till to pay.

In a lot of cases Argos, like other stores, will honor things like this, but its just good customer service on their part. But they would be in their right not to offer the catalogue price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

If you ask nicely at the till and show them the price in the catalogue, they may well honour it but they are not obliged to.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

loopymum wrote: »
    If you ask nicely at the till and show them the price in the catalogue, they may well honour it but they are not obliged to.

I seriously doubt that Argos delegates pricing decisions to people at the tills. They will simply give the standard reply: 'prices are subject to change'

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This was the old thread I was thinking of. But people had it reserved.
    aidankkk wrote: »
    There is a price of a camera on the new argos brochure which is 100euro differant than the argos.ie website

If i go to an extra store and order will they honour the printed price, anyone any experiance of this..
    Davy wrote: »
    I got a dvd recorder in argos last year, had reserved it online at whatever price it was €300, but when i went to the till, she wanted €350. She called the manager, and she checked the site saw it was €300 and gave it to me for that price.

Not exactly the same scenario but it worked for me anyway :)
    Archeron wrote: »
    Similar here. I booked a Canon camera for €500 and when I got to the store (and they finally had stock) it was €600.
    The nice lady looked at my print out of my reservation and gave it to me for €500

She was my new friend that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Digger35

op here. i havent been on here in a while.

i told the lady at the customer service till and she sold the item to me at the lower price.

i never asked (doh) but she seemed to think that it was a mistake in the online catalogue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement