Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit Charges

Options
  • 10-06-2015 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi. 

Im so annoyed by BOI missed direct debit charges.

I had a DD attempt to go out today, but it was approx €3 or €4 short.

Instead BOI refused it. They have charged me €12.70 for it.
    The company in question will also charge me €15 fee for missing the DD.

It's so infuriating. I've been a BOI customer for over 15 years and it annoys me what they do sometimes.

My wages go into my account every week on this day - they always have. Because  I was a few hours late, and a few euro short I have to suffer.

Grrrrrrr

Why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi NakQuada

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the unpaid direct debit charge on your bank account. This charge is set out within our Personal Schedule of Fees & Charges here on page 10. Unfortunately, as a result of not having the full amount available this time for the direct debit, the charge will apply.

Thanks for posting your concerns regarding the charge. Just to mention, if you are unsure if there maybe insufficient funds for a SEPA Direct Debit in the future, you can use our 'SEPA Direct Debit Services' to refuse the next payment. This can be instructed by accessing BOI365 Online, select the 'Online Service Desk' facility and then select 'SEPA Direct Debit Services' from the drop down menu.

More information on SEPA Direct Debit Services can be found here

Thanks again for getting in touch.
    Alison

Advertisement