Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid people....

• 11-06-2015 6:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I've seen it all now, I was going to post link but better not as it will probably be deleted.

Was looking on website where you can buy second hand furniture along with other things and just saw an ad for a collie pup - free to good home because - wait for it - it's got too big unfortunately!!!! Are people that thick that they think a pup isn't going to become a lot bigger?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

It's sad the stupid things people do or think regarding animals.
    We have Ruby because someone decided that a small 4 month old kitten was too expensive to keep??
    She's the most beautiful loving cat, glad those fools decided they no longer wanted her. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

And putting animals on free ads is just a way for people(!) to pick them up and use them as training bait for dog fighting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Sadly that's a reason that's all too common. They don't even bother to try and find a rescue to take the dog, they just want rid of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

A rescue a close friend of mine works with recently had a dog surrendered to her because...

There is a ghost in the house haunting the dog and it isn't fair on him anymore.

I kid you not folks.

Unfortunately, it's just as likely that this is a false excuse as it is utter naivety because whoever bred the pup passed it off as something much smaller in order to get rid of it. A lot of people can't tell a lot of breeds apart when they are 6 week old pups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭hollytrees

Totally agree Kathleen.

Shashabear, What can I say, poor dogs to have the misfortune to meet such people😓

• Advertisement
Advertisement