Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting on the Northside

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

martinak89 wrote: »
    I'm not from Dublin and it's people I know in Dublin telling me to avoid the Northside if I can. Jeez, sorry I said it was rough now.

The real Dublin divide now is East and West.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I'll put my beak in again!

I'm from Longford & living in D Northside for 4 years. Like yourself I often heard people saying the North side is rough but it seems like its only people been smart asses or having a laugh. And to all Dubs Im only a culchie anyway. :)

I Started in Raheny,lovely area, you have St. Anne's park and aren't too far from Dollymount, Bull island for nice walks.

I saw a nice place in Clontarf, Vernon ave on daft for €1200, 2 bed, & a nice place in bettyglen Raheny for €950 (1bed), probably need to get a bus to the shops from there. But its good value for what's out there.

Have references and a bit of cash for deposit in hand if you really like a place. Good luck in your hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

martinak89 wrote: »
    I'm not from Dublin and it's people I know in Dublin telling me to avoid the Northside if I can. Jeez, sorry I said it was rough now.

LOL - Don't worry about it. Years ago I hears the expression 'inverted snob' in relation to (IIRC) a yorkshireman. I thought I understood it until I moved to Dublin! The only thing that tops the Southside superior attitude is the Northside inferiority complex. 95% of people just like jibing each other for the craic. In truth Dublin (as stated above) is better divided East/West, but even that is a poor substitute for going out, having a look and talking to people.

Try in the local shops, have a wander round the area and ask a stranger for directions. Look at the cars, are they looked after? Look at the area, do people appear to give a crap? Is there a facebook/community group?

Advertisement