Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from Climote to Nest

Options
  • 11-06-2015 9:44am
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am currently with Electric Ireland and have had the Climote for over a year now. I am thinking of changing to Nest as I already have the Nest carbon/smoke alarms. When I got the Climote installed I also split the heating and water into separate zones.

My question is if I was to go with Nest what would happen?

Kind regards
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi TCP/IP,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Just to advise: Nest is a one-zone system. A separate Nest would be required for each zone. Any additional Nest would cost €270.

Do let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Hi TCP/IP,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Just to advise: Nest is a one-zone system. A separate Nest would be required for each zone. Any additional Nest would cost €270.

Do let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Many thanks for the reply Una. Last question would the installer have a 2nd Nest with him on the day and would there be an additional installation charge.
    Also I am on the standard tariff plan as I am out of contract what plan would I be moved to as part of going with nest.

Kind regards,
    TCP/IP 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again TCP/IP,

Would you like us to organise a callback to you from our colleagues in the dedicated Home Services team? They would be able to advise you in more detail with your account information.

If so, do private message us your name and number, and let us know if there is any time you cannot be called at, so that they only call you at any other time. The latest time they could telephone you at would be about 5.40pm, Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dSleeper

the 3rd gen nest will now heat your water too...I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi dSleeper,

Thanks for your post.

That is correct - here is the updated information on our website about the 3rd Generation Nest: https://www.electricireland.ie/residential/products/smarter-living/nest

If you have any further queries, we are here on Boards until 6pm Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement