Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork city Sports

Options
  • 11-06-2015 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭

So did many of ye get stuck in the traffic chaos yesterday morning?

I spent about an hour in it and was fairly pissed off until I threw on the radio and heard how many leaving cert students couldnt get to their exam on time, made my own inconvenience feel trivial.

Normally its on in May and doesn't affect the leaving cert and its held in Pairc ui Chaoimh. Now last year I remember terrible traffic in Ballinlough, Blackrock etc with no major traffic corp presence and it was a disaster.

I presume it was held late this year so CIT would be available due to the stadium redevelopment but surely traffic planning should have been way more proactive.

No idea if true but the rumor I keep hearing is Anglasea street made a plan but failed to pass it on to Bishopstown Guards. To be fair many off duty Guarda and even a bus driver did plenty of work to try to ease things but surely these types of events should be far better planned. Even if there were signs up on incoming approaches warning commuters of the event many would have started early or late and eased it somewhat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

serious fúck up on behalf of the organisers and the guards etc. How did they ever think they could manage to handle cars and buses for 6000 school kids into one entrance and exit all arriving at the same time?

Like you I really felt sorry for the Leaving Cert and Junior Cert students, as if they weren't stressed enough. Luckily I heard the traffic report so I headed to the Model Farm rd. via Wilton but I know a lot of lads in work who were caught up in it.

Don't worry, there will be no accountability and all will be soon forgotten until the next time :rolleyes:

Advertisement