Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposing in Kilkenny City

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Rega wrote: »
    He's down by the duck pond in the Castle Park crying :(

With a load of Nicholas Mosse pottery broken by his feet

Tut tut Rega :) you mean surely he's off telling everyone the good news in a romantic haze of happiness...fingers crossed!:))

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Pizzle...what happened..put us out of our suspense????!!!! :))

We're not heading to Kilkenny until the end of the month, so I'll fill in everyone then :).

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!

Pizzle wrote: »
    We're not heading to Kilkenny until the end of the month, so I'll fill in everyone then :).

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!

oops thought it was last wkend...Best of luck with it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

I've never even heard of Nicholas Mosse. There are plenty of things you can buy which are nice momentos of the occasion, no need to focus on one particular item, have a wander round and see what she likes. You might well be able to find an All Ireland medal somewhere, whilst they are like gold dust in the rest of the country they're as common as water down on Noreside :-D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Or just let the engagement ring be the memento :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 kclrlive

Hi there, we are discussing this thread on KCLR Live this morning Pizzle. We want to help you! Can you call 056 7796241 so we can get in touch?

Many thanks,
    Eimear (producer)

Hey everyone!
    Sorry for the delayed response. As of two weeks ago I'm now an engaged man :). Things really couldn't have gone better on the day. We stayed in the New Park Hotel and went from there to the grounds of Kilkenny Castle and had a lovely picnic down by the lake at the far end of the grounds. Mid-picnic I popped the question, the stress was getting to me so thought I'd better do it early! Took her completely by surprise and got the answer I was looking for. Couldn't have asked for a better day. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.

Invitations are in the post! ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah congratulations Pizzle, wonderful news! Good man for keeping it a lovely surprise for her :D

We were going away for my birthday, so she really didn't suspect I'd do something like that :).

I must say as well, the New Park Hotel were absolutely fantastic. I let let them in on the surprise and they prepared a lovely picnic basket for us and had a backup plan ready in case the weather turned bad.

They upgraded the room to one of the executive suites, which was totally unexpected! They could not have done more and the staff were great.

If we didn't live so far away we'd certainly be considering them for the wedding reception!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Pizzle wrote: »
    Hey everyone!
    Sorry for the delayed response. As of two weeks ago I'm now an engaged man :). Things really couldn't have gone better on the day. We stayed in the New Park Hotel and went from there to the grounds of Kilkenny Castle and had a lovely picnic down by the lake at the far end of the grounds. Mid-picnic I popped the question, the stress was getting to me so thought I'd better do it early! Took her completely by surprise and got the answer I was looking for. Couldn't have asked for a better day. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.

Invitations are in the post! ;)

quickly followed by a quickie in the park no doubt as is tradition

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Congrats!
    Coming back to Kilkenny for the wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Delighted to hear,

Enjoy the fun of the engagement,

Hurray Pizzle - delighted to hear the news!! I was a bit worried when the thread disappeared in case you got cold feet and chickened out. Congrats to both of you and I wish ye many years of health and happiness.

Huge Congrats, glad it went so well, sounds amazing! May you have a very happy future together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

quickly followed by a quickie in the park no doubt as is tradition

Ha ha I think everyone from kk has had a quickie in the park at some stage in their lives :D
    congrats op!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Congratulations, glad to hear everything went to plan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Congratulations OP.

Did KCLR actually do anything for you? I half thought it was a wind up when I saw that message from "them".

If you did celebrate with a quickie I hope you recorded the evidence in case you have a little boy so he can play for Mr. Cody in twenty years time.

Advertisement