Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stomach Bug During Exams, kill me now !

• 11-06-2015 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Developed a terrible stomach bug on tuesday evening before my HL french and History exams. Was up all night getting sick and didn't get any sleep.

Was put in isolation for both my exams and I couldn't function properly in either of them! Was getting sick and my head was spinning so keeping my concentration was impossible. French was Ok maybe b1 but not the A i was aiming for. History was terrible, the most unforgiving subject...couldn't think straight and wasted lots of time going to the toilet and getting sick :( maybe scraped a C

All in all it looks like this is gonna take at least 20 points off my results which means I'll miss out on my top 3 which are all around the 490-500 mark.

Might repeat

Can't explain how bad I'm feeling right now. The Leaving cert waits for no one :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Paddyg96 wrote: »
    Developed a terrible stomach bug on tuesday evening before my HL french and History exams. Was up all night getting sick and didn't get any sleep.

Was put in isolation for both my exams and I couldn't function properly in either of them! Was getting sick and my head was spinning so keeping my concentration was impossible. French was Ok maybe b1 but not the A i was aiming for. History was terrible, the most unforgiving subject...couldn't think straight and wasted lots of time going to the toilet and getting sick :( maybe scraped a C

All in all it looks like this is gonna take at least 20 points off my results which means I'll miss out on my top 3 which are all around the 490-500 mark.

Might repeat

Can't explain how bad I'm feeling right now. The Leaving cert waits for no one :(

I realise not everyone can repeat so easily; but ultimately another year is really nothing in the grand scheme of things. Even if you don't get the points you need; you have lots of options to make the most of another year.

You should be proud that you still sat your papers given how awful you were feeling; not everyone would be able to do that.

I hope you're feeling better and things pick up for the rest of your exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

Damn that sucks, I'm really sorry. If you do not get your course, or are close to it, why not try contacting the uni and explaining your situation? They might feel sympathy for you, especially if your teachers can you vouch for you that you could have got a better grade if not for health problems.. Anyways, keep your head up, maybe you're just thinking that because you're stressed. You'll probably do better than you expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

BlueWolf16 wrote: »
    Damn that sucks, I'm really sorry. If you do not get your course, or are close to it, why not try contacting the uni and explaining your situation? They might feel sympathy for you, especially if your teachers can you vouch for you that you could have got a better grade if not for health problems.. Anyways, keep your head up, maybe you're just thinking that because you're stressed. You'll probably do better than you expect.

that would hardly work with the system? thanks tho

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Did your supervisor ring Athlone and put a note on your papers?

spurious wrote: »

yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

spurious wrote: »
    Paddyg96 wrote: »
    yes

The corrector will be aware that you were ill doing the exam and will give you any possible benefit of the doubt that they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's very bad luck, Paddy, but it happens to some few every year.

The best advice we can give you is to put it completely out of your head for the moment, and concentrate on doing as well as you can on any exams you have left, and hope for the best.

And try not to spoil your summer worrying about it: all the worry in the world won't make the slightest bit of difference!

I've somehow managed to pull 495 out of the bag! Words can't explain how bad I felt that day but thank god it is behind me and I am really proud of my result.

Thanks for all kind words back then:)

Advertisement