Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Own.ie

• 11-06-2015 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a business idea I'd like to market test by launching and marketing a website which promotes the service. I want to keep costs down initially to see what level of demand there is for the service and whether the business model and pricing is commercially viable.

I'm therefore thinking of creating a website myself using www.own.ie and supporting that with some AdWord campaigns targeting the keywords associated with the proposed service along with some LinkedIn and Twitter marketing to the target customer groups.

If the initial results are encouraging e.g. a good flow of traffic to the site even if the conversion rate to enquiries is low I'll then have the confidence to invest in a professionally built site and digital marketing campaign which can benefit from the feedback and performance of the test site.

Does this sound like reasonable way to bootstrap a startup service and is own.ie the best route to go given I want to to this solo to begin with?

FYI I don't have any formal technical or design skills but I am handy enough technically and am comforatble setting up AdWord and LinkedIn campaigns etc albeit not an expert.

Appreciate all feedback, positive and negative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭54and56

^^^ 43 views and no posts. Am I in the wrong forum?

Mods, please move to a more appropriate forum if there is one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Too vague.

Advertisement