Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ivy growing up the side of the house

Options
  • 11-06-2015 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

I wonder if anybody knows what the law states about Ivy growing from a neighbours garden up the side of my house and in/on the roof. The only way I can get to it to sort it out is to go into their garden (with their permission). As far as I was aware its their responsibily to keep it in check is this correct?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

Go talk to your neighbor first

Go talk to your neighbor first

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Georgeof the jungle

Have already Arthur, but they're only renting so not really bothered. The landlord is quite a difficult person to deal with and I want to be fore-armed really

Have already Arthur, but they're only renting so not really bothered. The landlord is quite a difficult person to deal with and I want to be fore-armed really

He would be responsible for anything from his property that damages yours.you are entitled to remove anything that overhangs or grows over but as you said it's not accessible.
    Would the tenant let you in to do it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Georgeof the jungle

Yes I think they would Arthur, but being of a mature age, I wouldn't be able, I don't want to keep having to do it. The mind is willing but the body is weak!

• Advertisement
Advertisement