Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You waster!! Do you use every little bit?

• 11-06-2015 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Eating dinner last night, the squeezy ketchup bottle was nearly empty and wheezed in agony as I demanded more red goodness.
    There was still some ketchup clinging to the sides that probably could have been rescued if I removed the lift and shoved a knife up it's arse to scrape it out... But sod it! Life's to short for such nonsense when I've a lovely new bottle waiting for me.

So, would you go the extra mile to get every last bit from whatever resource you have?
    Would you power-squeeze the toothpaste with every last bit of energy you have, or fly it into the bin once it doesn't produce with a clean finger press to the tube? (*dirty chuckle*)

I think the same mentality probably is true across other areas... would you always ensure items in the fridge are used and little or no food is binned?

Do you use every last bit? 18 votes

I'd lick a jar clean! No waste for me!
    0% 0 votes
    Meh, I'm not going to really stress over some bits left. Mr Bin needs to eat too y'know
    38% 7 votes
    I probably chuck out more stuff than I actually buy
    55% 10 votes
    Atari Waste-uar
    5% 1 vote
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

By all means open the new bottle, but leave the old one upside-down on its cap for a while to facilitate the extraction of the last of the saucy wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Native Americans make sure to use all parts of the Buffalo Flavour Hunky Dorys which may or may not include using the bag as a makeshift prophylactic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I have a bottle of Aldi's finest alternative to fairy liquid that is near the end, and have a fresh new one in the press ready to use. There is so little in it that it takes approximately 8.9 seconds to release enough liquid to form a lather in a sponge, and the top is broken so it's impossible to stack upside down, but I'm damned if I'm gonna throw that in the bin! It's the principle that's important here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

The Hellman's mayo squeezy bottles are the worst at least 20% cannot be got at. We've gone back to jars because of it

personally one thing the recession has thought me is to be more price aware and consequently never to waste stuff by letting it go out of date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Depends on what we are talking about here.

A jar of mayo, i'd be fecked if I was gonna get that shyte on my knuckles trying to scrape the last remnants out.

A takeaway box of rice though - get every last grain!

• Advertisement

The Hellman's mayo squeezy bottles are the worst at least 20% cannot be got at. We've gone back to jars because of it

Plastic mayonnaise or salad-cream containers are banned from my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I have a bottle of Aldi's finest alternative to fairy liquid that is near the end, and have a fresh new one in the press ready to use. There is so little in it that it takes approximately 8.9 seconds to release enough liquid to form a lather in a sponge, and the top is broken so it's impossible to stack upside down, but I'm damned if I'm gonna throw that in the bin! It's the principle that's important here

Get some water into the bottle, shake it up, and it'll be easier to get the last out. You'll need more on the sponge given it's diluted, but at least you can get it out now!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Get some water into the bottle, shake it up, and it'll be easier to get the last out. You'll need more on the sponge given it's diluted, but at least you can get it out now!

But... but... it all lathers up inside the bottle and pisses me off!! :mad::mad::mad:

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Eating dinner last night, the squeezy ketchup bottle was nearly empty and wheezed in agony as I demanded more red goodness.
    There was still some ketchup clinging to the sides that probably could have been rescued if I removed the lift and shoved a knife up it's arse to scrape it out... But sod it! Life's to short for such nonsense when I've a lovely new bottle waiting for me.

So, would you go the extra mile to get every last bit from whatever resource you have?
    Would you power-squeeze the toothpaste with every last bit of energy you have, or fly it into the bin once it doesn't produce with a clean finger press to the tube? (*dirty chuckle*)

I think the same mentality probably is true across other areas... would you always ensure items in the fridge are used and little or no food is binned?
    :confused:
    You just put in a little bit of vinegar, shake, and the last bits of ketchup come out.
    Same applies to mayonnaise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

jimgoose wrote: »
    By all means open the new bottle, but leave the old one upside-down on its cap for a while to facilitate the extraction of the last of the saucy wonder.

Put some vinegar in and a good shake, granted it's liquidy.. but if you are stuck and really need some sauce !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I normally pour a tiny bit of water in, then give the bottle a good shake. Gets those last remaining drops out.
    Im not mean, I just hate waste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Always clean out the tin/jar/bottle.

Waste not, want not.

Advertisement