Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now that was painless!

Options
  • 11-06-2015 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if this is the shape of things to come or not, and whether this should be in the proposed ban thread .Anyhoo,I have been looking to do a caliber change on my semi auto AR10 from .243 up to .308.i dropped in the application in in March and heard nothing untill last week when I rang the cheif supers office in Limerick to see whats going on with it.His secetary rang me back two days later to set up an appointment to meet on Monday.We duely met and i explained my reasons for the caliber change.Better ammo selection and somewhat cheaper,after asking what was I going to do with the .243 barrel,either sell it to someone who wants a .243 semi auto rifle via a gun dealer or just chop it up more likely.The cheif said he didnt see any major problems with this and was just wondering does this become a new application or a substitution on the liscense? Post this AM a new grant notice for a .308 Remington R25:D

This is now from the cheif whom I've had two court battles with over this rifle over the silliest of points.So maybe "the times they are a changein "

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Nice one.

As you said painless enough and done with common sense in mind rather than fighting against you because of the style of gun.

Without stealing your thunder i'm still waiting on my interview. Everything went quick and fine so far (3 weeks from dropping in the application to getting the letter/call), but got a letter then a call 5 weeks ago that i was to meet to the Chief Super however trying to get an appointment is a nightmare. Apparently he is flat out so i'm waiting for the call from the Sergeant. The wait is killing me but i'm hoping he'll apply the same common sense approach.

Well done again.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You would wonder why they wont delegate an inspector to interview you and ask whatever pertinent questions need to b asked by the cheif and report back to the cheif,and let him make a decision on the interview ?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

Great news for you (mental note; stay to theleft of grizzly in bullseye comps!).
    Instead of 'The times they are a changing', substitute 'The budgets they are a hurtin' perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Dunno if this is the shape of things to come or not, and whether this should be in the proposed ban thread .Anyhoo,I have been looking to do a caliber change on my semi auto AR10 from .243 up to .308.i dropped in the application in in March and heard nothing untill last week when I rang the cheif supers office in Limerick to see whats going on with it.His secetary rang me back two days later to set up an appointment to meet on Monday.We duely met and i explained my reasons for the caliber change.Better ammo selection and somewhat cheaper,after asking what was I going to do with the .243 barrel,either sell it to someone who wants a .243 semi auto rifle via a gun dealer or just chop it up more likely.The cheif said he didnt see any major problems with this and was just wondering does this become a new application or a substitution on the liscense? Post this AM a new grant notice for a .308 Remington R25:D

This is now from the cheif whom I've had two court battles with over this rifle over the silliest of points.So maybe "the times they are a changein "

Delighted for you mate, there's hope for us all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

Well done grizzly :-)

Meanwhile two hours further north nobody seemed to have told our locals that renewals have to be put on the computer instead of lying signed on a secretary's desk from march till june........... was only done on the day the cert expired after many many phonecalls asking for a stop to the play acting (albeit in more polite terms). That means it'll be next week before the payment form will arrive.

Another application a few years ago took seven months to travel from the local station to the district office..., a distance of eleven miles.

Go bhóire Dia orainn :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

Well done grizzly :-)

Meanwhile two hours further north nobody seemed to have told our locals that renewals have to be put on the computer instead of lying signed on a secretary's desk from march till june........... was only done on the day the cert expired after many many phonecalls asking for a stop to the play acting (albeit in more polite terms)

Another application a few years ago took seven months to travel from the local station to the district office..., a distance of eleven miles.

Go bhóire Dia orainn :-)

Advertisement