Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Business - Higher Level - June 11th***

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

How could it be a histogram with the months not being ranges or whatever?

The months are a range of 1. Histograms are side by side while bar charts have space between as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Barry1000

Yeah the only difference is space, same axis and everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

RoRo979 wrote: »
    The months are a range of 1. Histograms are side by side while bar charts have space between as far as i know.

Pretty sure in maths we were told that bar charts can be spaced or together. Think the difference with histograms is that they are not categorical and can have different widths. I'd say it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

Situation where span of control thin?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

I said Google hahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 leavingcert15

Leitrim96 wrote: »
    Situation where span of control thin?

I said it may be necessary when the work being done by the employees requires a high level of expertise and skill, seen something like on the marking scheme yesterday think its right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I said it may be necessary when the work being done by the employees requires a high level of expertise and skill, seen something like on the marking scheme yesterday think its right

This. Also where the manager is inexperienced I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 emma35

when people say that they think it will be marked very harshly because it was 'easy' or whatever, what exactly do they mean I guess the answers can't change from right to wrong... famous last words

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

So in question 1 long questions what did any of you say for the competitive and co-operative relationship between the supplier and purchasing manager?
    For co-operative I said that they both needed the business to succeed and therefore the supply manager had to keep the purchasing mgr informed about stock.
    For competitive I stated that they both wished to better their careers and aimed to become important figures within the business and therefore would compete for promotional opportunities.
    Is this correct?It was worth 10 out of 20 marks..

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

emma35 wrote: »
    when people say that they think it will be marked very harshly because it was 'easy' or whatever, what exactly do they mean I guess the answers can't change from right to wrong... famous last words

You'd be surprised.... if they want to make it harsh they'll look for very specific definitions, words etc
    While you might get away with stating something like "This will motivate employees" if they wanna be harsh they'll require "This will motivate employees which benefits the business because..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Johnjoeboy

are ye telling me I lost about 2% for not linking the SWOT analysis back, did everyone link it back

You didn't have to link back did you.do you mean quote? You pratically were linkig back because you had to do out her swot analysis didn't you not.

Johnjoeboy wrote: »
    You didn't have to link back did you.do you mean quote? You pratically were linkig back because you had to do out her swot analysis didn't you not.
    Ya that's what I was thinking but they're saying you had to and in the ABQ you always have to really but what I was writing for some of the points was directly from the ABQ so I thought I wouldn't need to and it didn't say with reference to the text

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Johnjoeboy

Ya that's what I was thinking but they're saying you had to and in the ABQ you always have to really but what I was writing for some of the points was directly from the ABQ so I thought I wouldn't need to and it didn't say with reference to the text

Well it never said refer to text or evaluate and I don't remember ever doing quotes for swot before and Im a repeat so it's like my 4 year doing business.doubt it

Johnjoeboy wrote: »
    Well it never said refer to text or evaluate and I don't remember ever doing quotes for swot before and Im a repeat so it's like my 4 year doing business.doubt it
    I don't think a SWOT analysis came up in an ABQ before so we'll have to wait and see what way it's marked

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paddyp4

what did ye all say were key issues for lisa setting up the business ? and what were the principles of communication to send it effectivly ? and what ways could you minimise bad debt with credit control ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Chicharito11

paddyp4 wrote: »
    what did ye all say were key issues for lisa setting up the business ? and what were the principles of communication to send it effectivly ? and what ways could you minimise bad debt with credit control ?

Said finding start up cost(be that equity or debt), finding adequately trained employees or training them yourself to the necessary levels, and then just waffled about her enquiring about potential grants to reduce start up costs.

paddyp4 wrote: »
    Setting up a business I said:
    1- Raising Finance
    2- Market Research
    3- Finding the best employees
    Communication:
    1- Information Overload
    2- Language
    I forgot to go back and put in another 1
    Credit Control:
    1- Create a Provision for Bad Debts
    2- Offer Discounts
    3- Check Credit History
    I can't remember the 4th one I said

thanks, i was more a less the same for them top ones for credit control is making sure you dont buy too much stock in the case you have to pay back bills a form of credit control by trying to keep acid ratio at 2:1 by having good stock such
    as stock control

would employing people to get the money off them be a method by setting deadlines.

was really grasping at straws.. everything seemed to go alright besides the credit question drew a histogram and because the paper was so easy i'm expecting il lose all them marks

For adapting to change could you say they invested in machienery and stuff so they could adapt to new market demands ?

didnt see question 7 when i was picking my questions and looking at test again question 6 was easy aswell :/

I'm not sure for the credit control I didnt study it, didn't think it would come up
    Histograms and bar charts are the same really you'll still get marks id say
    Ya that sounds right
    ya q6 was probably the easiest question on it

I somehow missed it i am so pissed off would of easily got 55 out of 60 had i looked at it closely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

one thing thats been bothering me is that when i did the business exam i wrote some of the answers in essay form not bullet points will the mark me harshly for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

one thing thats been bothering me is that when i did the business exam i wrote some of the answers in essay form not bullet points will the mark me harshly for this ?

hahahahahahah, i did my whole exam in essay form. It really doesnt matter too much. The marking scheme is generally

Title
    first point of info
    second point of info
    evaluate,discuss ( if required)

The point generally require 2 sentences for full marks, except if a defination then 2 sentences = full marks. So If you clearly have 4 sentence in there discussing 2 different points then you will most definately get full marks.

That is a problem I wouldnt even bother thinking about, because it isnt a problem at all.

Advertisement