Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best non 3d cinema screen in Cork ?

Options
  • 11-06-2015 2:04pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭

want to see Jurassic world , but not in 3d.
    Obv. the large screen in Mahon Point would be where I'd like to watch it , but I hate 3d. It just does nothing for me.

So , I'm guessing the best screen to see it without the 3d will be Ballincollig ??
    I havent been to the Gate in town in years so I've no idea what the place is like ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

The non omnimax showings in Mahon aren't 3d, I was told that by a friend so I'm trusting him, ill find out tomorrow and let you know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

yeah , I love the screen , just hate the 3d

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

If you go to book tickets on the omniplex website, you can choose 2d screenings and it'll give you a choice of times. Tonight they have it in screen 11 at 6 o'clock and screen 4 at 7 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was just going to say just go see it not in 3D. They always put it on both in Mahon Point. They although I don't like the cinema itself do have the best screens. The other then are the same but id stay away from the cinema in town tis a nightmare full of muppets.

The drive in is great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Milly33 wrote: »
    I was just going to say just go see it not in 3D. They always put it on both in Mahon Point. They although I don't like the cinema itself do have the best screens. The other then are the same but id stay away from the cinema in town tis a nightmare full of muppets.

The drive in is great fun

I've found the drive in to be shît. Crappy audio signal with the radio in your car, horrible viewing angles too. Staff are meh. Completely over hyped.

• Advertisement

See I like the MAXX (or whatever) screen in Mahon Point. I just hate seeing 3d films on it.

If you are an audio person then yes would agree that the audio is to high spec. but its fun and different.. Sure what staff they don't do anything just check you in on the way in that's it..

Cant say I get the screen thing thought there was just 3d or the reg movie... IMaxx is that the same as maxx

IMaxx is that the same as maxx

Lets not open that can of worms :P

Haha why!! Go on go ferrit... Is this a well if you ask me the screen tilting in Imaxx is just not the same as maxx in a posh D4 accent?

I remember going to the Imaxx in London to see Batman ohhh it was fabulous.... And then I have been to the Maxx one in Mahon point and just thought it was the same as any big screen didn't notice any difference..

Think if they put an imaxx theatre in Cork in the old capitol it would be great...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Screen 4 in Mahon is the your best bet, thats where they usually have the big new releases in 2D (While their 3D counterparts run on the MAXX screen)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Think if they put an imaxx theatre in Cork in the old capitol it would be great...

As part of the conditions of the sale of that complex no other cinema can go in there, unfortunately.

Really sounds daft when it was set up as a cinema already....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

You can get 2-D Glasses to remove the 3-D Effect as well.

http://www.2d-glasses.com/

inconceivable !!

Advertisement