Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert 2016

Options
  • 11-06-2015 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

What's a good way to get all A's on your junior cert? Like any studying tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Ron603

Start studying in advance, don't leave everything until the night before. Make out a study timetable, it's great if you find it hard to organize yourself and it also allows you to keep track of study.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Attend school every day.
    Listen properly in class.
    Do every bit of homework like it was an exam question.
    Ask questions if you do not understand something.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Consistency.

Steadily studying and working from maybe October onwards, but take a break at Christmas, around Valentines, and maybe at Easter...don't burn yourself out. Don't do only insane waves of cramming before the mocks and the real thing and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

As well as consistent studying, a study plan is essential. Decide how much time you want to spend studying each subject (eg 5 half-hour blocks for English, 4 for Irish etc) and make out a timetable based on that.

You can do this weeks in advance or at the beginning of every week, but decide what you need to cover in each subject per week. For example, in Maths you could dedicate one whole week to sets and revise the chapter in your Maths book and then test yourself using your exam papers.

Preparation is key to doing well and (hopefully) a study plan should help you spend your time studying productively! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hulger

I didn't study, but I actually did the work.
    So my tip is actually do the work.
    Because most people don't actually do the work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 aoif.something

Thanks everyone. Hoping to do well in the junior cert ahead next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Barry1000

Your junior cert is a year away, cop on and enjoy life

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

Thanks everyone. Hoping to do well in the junior cert ahead next year.

Hi I know that it starts on 8th June 2016 but anyone know when it finishes??:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hi I know that it starts on 8th June 2016 but anyone know when it finishes??:mad:

If it follows the same pattern as previous years the last exams will be on the 23rd, though most people will be finished before that.

Advertisement