Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now have Full licence, will my quote come down?

Options
  • 11-06-2015 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I just received my annual renewal for my motorcycle policy... But i just realised that i never declared to yourselves that i passed my motorcycle test at the end of last year and now have the full category A licence... will this bring my renewal quote down?

Cheers
    H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

I can only speak for myself but i was in a similar situation passing my test last December (with a car licence) and it made no difference. My renewal was 3 months later and my renewal quote was approx 170 more with the only change being that I passed my driving test - i already had the max no claims bonus built up. They blamed it on a general increase in all quotes so I shopped around and got it cheaper elsewhere. moral of story assume that you will switch company and shop around no matter what the renewal is.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭CD8ED

Well said Pawrick, staying with an insurance company for more than 1 year is just an excuse for them to charge you more than others would.

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Heathen wrote: »
    Hi there,

I just received my annual renewal for my motorcycle policy... But i just realised that i never declared to yourselves that i passed my motorcycle test at the end of last year and now have the full category A licence... will this bring my renewal quote down?

Cheers
    H
    Hi Heathen,
    Thanks for your query, we would have to make the amendment to your policy to see if it would affect the premium. If you PM me your policy number I can have a look at it for you.
    Thanks
    Una

Advertisement