Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxed Off Festival 19th September

Options
  • 11-06-2015 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭

New one day dance music festival just announced for September 19th in Fairyhouse race course. Tickets start at €35 and it says on the wesbite it's 4,500 capacity and will have four stages. Line up isn't bad if you're into that kind of thing, I know bodhrandude has been hoping Daniel Avery would get announced for an Irish festival sometime soon, so maybe this is your chance to see him. Can see this being very popular with the Forbidden Fruit crowd.

CHOW96EXIAA82IP.jpg:large

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would love to go to this but I will be recovering from the first two weekends of September with Electric Picnic and then the Elysian Circus festival on in County Galway the following weekend. If I have any energy left will try and make this, just annoyed its not at Electric Picnic he is playing.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

early bird tickets already sold out...

your right actually...I shall go investigate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Think I saw somewhere it was 350 tickets in the first batch that sold out, which isn't bad. I can see this festival being successful for what it is, but I don't think I'll be going, decent line up but not sure what type of crowd it will attract. I'm sure all the young ones who miss out on picnic will flock to this in their droves.

Think I saw somewhere it was 350 tickets in the first batch that sold out, which isn't bad. I can see this festival being successful for what it is, but I don't think I'll be going, decent line up but not sure what type of crowd it will attract. I'm sure all the young ones who miss out on picnic will flock to this in their droves.

ye you could be right there, pity cause its a fairly ok line up

Dammit can't do this now, it looks like I have to go to a wedding that day, I hope he (Daniel Avery) does an Irish camping music festival next year.

So who's heading to this, try and get some Daniel Avery video clips if you can, would love to go to this but can't make it now.

• Advertisement

How was this, any reports? Was Daniel Avery good.

So did anyone go at all to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

So did anyone go at all to this?

There's a video clip on their facebook to show that, indeed, people did go - clearly not Boardsies :)

Most of the comments I read were people saying we should've gone.. the organisers suggest there'll be another next year, so it must have been reasonably successful...

I was there. Definitely wont be returning if its going on again. Dog rough scummy crowd, mangled beyond belief by 5 o clock. Saw two lads pucking the heads off each other by the “main stage” at one point, that’s a first at a dance event for me. The set up was shambolic, think they ran out of water at one point. The power was also pulled on Nina Kraviz before the end of her set.

It was ran by a crowd called Bedlam Promotions, I know they do a bit of work with District 8. Unlike Samhain there was no problem getting out of there. Just about a 5 minute queue for buses lined up one after another and away and back to the city, no drama.

Yeah I think Archetype were involved too who are behind Life festival and Samhain. Seen people mangled beyond belief at EP during Underworld's set.

Don't know really, its not just music either there is some visual arts and stuff, I suppose connected to the installation part of Life festival. They all seem to support each other on Facebook anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well I don't know the exact ins and outs, but Bodytonic would be a completely different lot to Archetype/Bedlam.
    Subject would have been linked with Bodytonic for a good few years, but would be different people, focussing on techno stuff. they would have put on gigs in Bodytonic venues, but also in other places too.
    Bedlam started out as a group of students from TCD (i think) who were putting on gigs, lots in the Workmans when they started from what I can remember.
    I'm not really sure what the story is with Archetype.
    over the last 2 years there has been lots of co-promoting gigs between various promoters, eg. Subject and Archetype might get together bring over a DJ/act and then split the profit afterwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement