Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for the call

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

OP here. Secondary.

hockey21 wrote: »
    So should my cv be saying something different I've the same info on both cv mite have few new bits? But sure my second page is my referees I'm afraid to put them separate as I know principals can bin cvs with more than 2 pages but if referees are in teaching application could I leave them out of cv and have whole new 2nd page of info on cv??? I dunno I just really need a job ðŸ˜

I always sent in my CV as normal (mine is 3 pages!!) and then the application form. I've had 6 interviews this summer so I can't be too far off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Hi Everyone, Finally!!!! I got a a full time position in my county - went for the interview yesterday and got word this morning. Such a relief! After all the rejections - I'm Super Happy and relieved that I don't have to return to England with my tail between my legs!:o I couldn't believe when he rang - I thought I was imagining what he was saying. I also nearly cried on the phone too:o:)

May I also thank the people on this thread that responded to me or left supportive comments. I know some of you also took time on your own accord to PM me with kind words and support and shared your experiences of teaching in England; which really shows the good nature of people. Thanks again guys.:)

Anyway this is getting a bit cheesy - which I think shows how relieved and happy I am. I don't do cheese generally...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭History Queen

Hi Everyone, Finally!!!! I got a a full time position in my county - went for the interview yesterday and got word this morning. Such a relief! After all the rejections - I'm Super Happy and relieved that I don't have to return to England with my tail between my legs!:o I couldn't believe when he rang - I thought I was imagining what he was saying. I also nearly cried on the phone too:o:)
    l:

Huge congratulations. That is fantasic news. Still on the search myself but hopefully will get something soon. It's a soul destroying process but there really is nothing like the sense of relief you get when the offer finally arrives!

Best wishes in your new position and hopefully it'll lead to something long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

May I also thank the people on this op thread that responded to me or left supportive comments. I know some of you also took time on your own accord to PM me with kind words and support and shared your experiences of teaching in England; which really shows the good nature of people. Thanks again guys.:)

Anyway this is getting a bit cheesy - which I think shows how relieved and happy I am. I don't do cheese generally...:cool:

I'm really delighted for you! Well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hockey21

May I also thank the people on this thread that responded to me or left supportive comments. I know some of you also took time on your own accord to PM me with kind words and support and shared your experiences of teaching in England; which really shows the good nature of people. Thanks again guys.:)

Hey congratulations that's fantastic news you must be delighted. I'm still applying myself I decided to resign my job so I can sub in my new county and get myself known and work up my days to get panel rights in three years. I'm primary so think subbing is easier in primary than secondary hopefully I'll get something moving in two weeks but I'm delighted you got a job I feel there's still hope and I might get something well done :)

• Advertisement

Just said I'd add my own happy news was offered a position today close to home so gladly accepted!

Best of luck to everyone out there still looking, heads up, there are still positions being filled so hopefully everyone will get sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Just said I'd add my own happy news was offered a position today close to home so gladly accepted!

Best of luck to everyone out there still looking, heads up, there are still positions being filled so hopefully everyone will get sorted soon.

Congratulations. Well done :)

Well done always great to hear somebody succeeding yeah everybody will get something eventually just have to keep applying and hope we'll done rest news u must b delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

I was also offered a position today. :) Delighted is an understatement!! Best of luck to those still looking.

Heydeldel wrote: »
    I was also offered a position today. :) Delighted is an understatement!! Best of luck to those still looking.

Great well done hopefully I'll get called for subbing well done to you :)

• Advertisement

Heydeldel wrote: »

Fantastic news. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 oneright

After all the worries and stress I finally have a job!! 11 hours that are mine as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Also received a job offer today! 14 hours and not exactly in my subject area but its a good start :)

Hey just wondering if anybody has any advice? Well I'm still unemployed :( but applied for a job where I had to send in 3 copies of the job application form for a maternity does anybody think this job is real? Deadline is next week so have to wait and c just wondering if anybody thinks this is a real job applied for a tonne of jobs now only had one interview that interview I got the impression the job was gone as the people interviewing me had zero interest in my answers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Our school were interviewing this week and next week for some unfilled posts so definitely worth applying to everything I would say. Can't hurt. Apart from the couple of euro/time to fill in the application form

Yeah I know I keep saying I'm giving up but sure when a job comes up I end up sending it off ah I just hope I get something i left a permanent job to move county :(

Hey just wondering if anybody having Any luck subbing using ed posts and into sub search?
    Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 35 oneright

Anyone know of any French teachers looking for a job?

Advertisement