Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day after the wedding -what do guests wear?

Options
  • 11-06-2015 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

It's my first time going to the day after of a wedding. The couple are having a pig on a spit/bbq in the same hotel as the wedding reception and I haven't a clue what to wear. The bride is getting dressed up. My friend who is also going is planning on wearing a cocktail style dress but she is always quite dressy. I'm afraid that everyone else will go more casual in jeans or something. Any advice from people who have been there before? Is there an accepted dresscode for this sort of thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Wear whatever youd normally wear if you were going out for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I went to a wedding similar to this last year. The day after I worse jeans and nice top with a big chain. I threw on a pair of gladiator sandals. I just had a blazer to throw over me when it got cold. Some people really get way too overdressed for the day after! Believe me I felt way more comfy than some of the other women who were hungover and dressed up in uncomfortable dresses! Just wear what you'll be comfortable in! Feck everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yep just something nice like as said if you were going for dinner... It can be nice pants and a fancy top or maybe a nice maxi dress..

I would be a non dresser up now, would live in my baggy pants and tshirts but anyone that we have gone too, one I just wore black (haha I was going to say Lace) but no linen pants and a nice top to go with it, and another it was just a casual enough maxi..

Go with whatever you feel comfy in, you will always have the ladies who like to dress up more and the ladies who don't but don't put too much pressure on yourself to be either, go with what you like...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Smart casual...dressy t shirt/top and jeans, skirt and top, day dress...something like that..def not anywhere near as dressed up as the wedding day itself...

Shorts and a t shirt! I thought the point of the second day was that it was more relaxed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Dónal wrote: »
    Shorts and a t shirt! I thought the point of the second day was that it was more relaxed?

Could depend on the hotel / location, to be fair.
    As Milly suggests, treat is like going for a nice meal. Not as formal as the wedding day attire, but still a good effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Could depend on the hotel / location, to be fair.
    As Milly suggests, treat is like going for a nice meal. Not as formal as the wedding day attire, but still a good effort.

It's a BBQ, not a nice meal! That would imply casual in my books: jeans, a nice-enough top.

Advertisement