Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pending Charges on Debit

Options
  • 11-06-2015 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to check if a charge is pending on 365 online?

I have been charged twice for something and I'm trying to see if one of the charges is a hold.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

QikBax wrote: »

I have been charged twice for something and I'm trying to see if one of the charges is a hold.

Thanks
    Hi QikBax,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

There are no pending transactions displayed on 365 Online. 
    If you have a duplicated transaction on your account, this may be shadow posting which can occur if a card payment is cancelled or voided at a point of sale (Point of sale Transaction with your Visa Debit card in a store, over the phone, or online) after we have authorised it. 
    This can also occur if the retailer requests that you enter your PIN a second time. It can take up to five working days to correct on the system and be removed from your account. 

If you wish to query a particular transaction please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 and a representative with account access will be happy to check this for you. Our representatives are available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends. 

Thanks
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

QikBax wrote: »

Thanks
    Hi QikBax,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

There are no pending transactions displayed on 365 Online. 
    If you have a duplicated transaction on your account, this may be shadow posting which can occur if a card payment is cancelled or voided at a point of sale (Point of sale Transaction with your Visa Debit card in a store, over the phone, or online) after we have authorised it. 
    This can also occur if the retailer requests that you enter your PIN a second time. It can take up to five working days to correct on the system and be removed from your account. 

If you wish to query a particular transaction please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 and a representative with account access will be happy to check this for you. Our representatives are available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends. 

Thanks
    Sarah
    Thanks for the reply

Would the balance show that the money has been taken for both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi QikBax, 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Yes the balance would update on your bank account to show both transactions. Just to mention, if you are registered for 365Online, you can send account specific queries via the Online Service Desk while logged in. Our representatives would be happy to investigate this further for you and perhaps offer further clarification. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Have a great weekend. 
    Elaine 

Advertisement