Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom.net app problem

Options
  • 11-06-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭

Hi, I suppose compared to some my problem is small but it's bugging me so maybe you can help.

I used to have my phone and broadband with eircom.net for many years but changed to sky home phone and broadband about 18 months ago. I still retain my eircom.net webmail and use it quite a lot through my Samsung Galaxy S5

The issue I have when I'm at home is I cannot send emails through my phone while I'm connected through wifi to my sky broadband. When I'm working I can connect and send emails through wifi but work is eircom.net broadband so I know it's not my phone settings.

Can you help as I send quite a lot of emails with large amounts of mb in them, pics, files etc but I don't want to be going over my data cap if I don't need to.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, I suppose  compared to some my problem is small but it's bugging me so maybe you can help.

I used to have my phone and broadband  with eircom.net for many years but changed to sky home phone and broadband about 18 months ago. I still retain my eircom.net webmail and use it quite a lot through my Samsung Galaxy S5

The issue I have when I'm at home is I cannot send emails through my phone while I'm connected through wifi to my sky broadband. When I'm working I can connect and send emails through wifi but work is eircom.net broadband so I know it's not my phone settings.

Can you help as I send quite a lot of emails with large amounts of mb in them, pics, files etc but I don't want to be going over my data cap if I don't need to.

Cheers in advance
    Hi Fatherted1969

It sounds like you need to change the outgoing server settings to that recommended by Sky when indeed you do connect to sky broadband. If you get in touch with sky they should be able to confirm their outgoing settings.

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement