Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Art History - June 11th***

• 11-06-2015 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

How did everyone find that?
    Can't believe there was no impressionism in the European section

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

thought it was good! hands hurts so much worse than any english or irish exam

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

What was the Georgian question? If there was one, of course.

Also, impressionism?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

Where was van Eyck? :(

I did da Vinci even though I hadn't studied The Virgin of the Rocks. I just had to talk about what I could see- triangular composition, sfumato etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JimLarkin101

Nim wrote: »
    What was the Georgian question? If there was one, of course.

Also, impressionism?

They asked about James Gandon for Georgian.
    blobcat wrote: »
    Where was van Eyck? :(

I did da Vinci even though I hadn't studied The Virgin of the Rocks. I just had to talk about what I could see- triangular composition, sfumato etc.

Same! No Raphael either :( The Petrie crown kind of caught me out as well. Overall it was grand I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gappyslutton

Will the Hugh Lane suffice for the gallery question? (It is local to me) also it's technically an exhibition of Hugh Lane's art collection right so that would be okay? Or am I going to be looking at a big fat zero for that section?

• Advertisement

Will the Hugh Lane suffice for the gallery question? (It is local to me) also it's technically an exhibition of Hugh Lane's art collection right so that would be okay? Or am I going to be looking at a big fat zero for that section?

I say lots of people did that. They can't mark down really, well that's what I would hope to believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eoinythegod

Section 1 and Section 3 went pretty perfect for me. I wrote about the National Gallery cause its technically local.. Hoping that wasnt a problem.

For Section 2, the only artist I'd ever studied that was on the exam was Da Vinci! And that was in early 5th Year. No other Impressionists, other Renaissance artists, Baroque.. If just one Impressionist was there I'd be fine.

I had to do Da Vinci even though I'd never seen the painting it gave us. I wrote a paraghraph on the Mona Lisa just from general knowlege. I did the illustrations too to scrape up marks but that section was terrible overall.

I was aiming for an A cause my other Art exams went perfectly. Hoping section 2 doesnt ruin me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Where was Impressionism? I'd say it was the first paper ever without it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DigACharmander

I called Custom House the 4 Courts. I thought it was the Custom House but it was only on the year before so I figured they wouldn't have put it on again so soon. My description was based around the Custom House though. Anyone know if I've thrown away all marks for that part a or just 5 for the wrong name?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cazz19

Only knew impressionism and cubism. I find art history extremely boring, so I was unable to bring myself to learn anymore. Thank god Picasso came up, wasn't even gonna learn him except for Eoin Jacksons predictions to be honest. Gallery question asked for a LOCAL art gallery, will they be strict on that? Cuz I'm from Limerick and I wrote about IMMA in Dublin...

• Advertisement

Cazz19 wrote: »
    Only knew impressionism and cubism. I find art history extremely boring, so I was unable to bring myself to learn anymore. Thank god Picasso came up, wasn't even gonna learn him except for Eoin Jacksons predictions to be honest. Gallery question asked for a LOCAL art gallery, will they be strict on that? Cuz I'm from Limerick and I wrote about IMMA in Dublin...

I wrote about IMMA too and said it is local to me, which you know isn't at all...Yeah I don't know lol. Ah who cares :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Cazz19 wrote: »
    Cuz I'm from Limerick and I wrote about IMMA in Dublin...
    Whoever is correcting won't know where you're from.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

wow studied only iron age and Romanesque and Gothic I am so lucky they both came up like wow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Event_horizon

I wrote about bru na boinne co.meath because that's the only place we visited and our teacher only covered christian age (not all of it) so I had to study gothic, romanesque and the rest of irish myself. Hated art, so glad it's done. I did good in section 1 and 2 but messed up the gallery question completely because I talked about that interpretive center instead (very elaborately, however, got a good 5 pgs on it so maybe they give me pity marks)
    Our teacher didnt give two ****s about our class but oh well. I got a B2 in my mock so Im hoping for a decent grade now too, especially considering that I actually studied hard for it this time xD Now let's hope the examiner will believe I live close to Bru na Boinne. Thank jesus all the other exams went well
    /faceslap

• Registered Users Posts: 43 k88

The da Vinci question was tough, would expect a specific question like that on the Mona Lisa or Last Supper. Managed to pick out things anyway and rambled on for 6 pages.
    For the last question (gallery visit) I was stuck for time at the end and only wrote about a paragraph for the second part of the question, advantages and disadvantages of seeing art online, I got my main point in but didn't really have time to elaborate, would I lose many marks or does anyone know roughly what that part was worth?
    Happy overall either way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JohnStephen

What did everyone think of the question on video games coming up in Section III? Did anyone here answer that question? It's definitely a very interesting change from the usual film question, that's for sure. I'd say it'll scare a lot of art teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭oktplz

The local gallery question completely threw me as I had only visited the Met in New York because that's where I'm from. But I explained that in the answer, will I be okay?

Advertisement