Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notifying CAO about change in subject level?

• 11-06-2015 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21

Hi, I dropped from Higher to Ordinary level Maths briefly before the exam this year and was wondering if now I have to do anything to notify the CAO about this change in level? I'm not sure if my school just do it for me or the CAO change it automatically when they see that the exam attendant has changed the level on her records? Sorry if I'm asking a question with an obvious answer but I just want to make sure I don't mess up my chances in anyway. Thanks 😬

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Hi, I dropped from Higher to Ordinary level Maths briefly before the exam this year and was wondering if now I have to do anything to notify the CAO about this change in level? I'm not sure if my school just do it for me or the CAO change it automatically when they see that the exam attendant has changed the level on her records? Sorry if I'm asking a question with an obvious answer but I just want to make sure I don't mess up my chances in anyway. Thanks 😬

Your subject level make no difference to the CAO, unless things have changed drastically since I did my leaving. You can even change your level on the day of the exam. Where it might make a difference is if selected a subject that for example had a minimum higher level grade in a subject like maths. What that you mean is that you might be considered for the next option on your list pending getting the points and meeting any other requirements imposed on the individual course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ok, just to be clear, are we talking CAO or does the OP mean the SEC?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The SEC will know you've changed levels by the paper that has been submitted.

Advertisement