Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Five Guys (burgers) dublin locations?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Found Bunsen to be bland, Felt the Burger was in fact too moist so much so it fell apart. Not even in my top 3 burger places in the city.

I think it now has a near cult following at this stage, For me its the cult following that people are following not the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bunsen underdog their burgers for many peoples tastes unless you tell them exactly what you want.

Five Guys will inevitably fail to live up to its reputation and basically be a cult destination only realistically

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Jaysus some people are overthinking things here if you're saying both bunsen and 5 guys are going to have cults following them

It's just burgers folks. Some people have different tastes, needs and budgets. There's room for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Dodge wrote: »
    Jaysus some people are overthinking things here if you're saying both bunsen and 5 guys are going to have cults following them

It's just burgers folks. Some people have different tastes, needs and budgets. There's room for everyone

Cults ? never tasted 5 guys, Just think Bunsen is hyped out of proportion.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

newacc2015 wrote: »
    They deliberately dont over season their meat. It is on their website I think. They also formulated their own cheese for the burger. It is not eazy singles like some places. They list the whole reasoning for their burger on the website

All that is irrelevant. People care about taste. If you prefer one you're not going to choose the other because they explain how they created the taste you dont like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Dodge wrote: »

Burger needs. First world problem or what :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

building work on stephens green seems to have stalled. Anyone know whats happening ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

We need more Wowburgers IMO

I really have to try Bunsen though. Anyone who's had both care to weigh in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

s8n wrote: »
    building work on stephens green seems to have stalled. Anyone know whats happening ??

where is that place going to be exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Korvanica wrote: »

They're probably afraid to :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Anyone who's had both care to weigh in?
    Probably better in this thread.

so what‘s going on? am i missing something or are they still not open? and where exactly anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    so what‘s going on? am i missing something or are they still not open? and where exactly anyway?

There was a timely piece in today's Sunday Business Post stating that the Stephen's Green plan has been shelved due to planning issues, however there's another location in the works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Had Five Guys last week in Belfast. Much more underwhelming that I remember.

A year ago in London I was super impressed, but having had plenty of Bunsen between now and then, I see no reason to be a regular Five Guys visitor in Dublin :(

The biggest pro was how fast the service was in Belfast, but the price is insane for what you get. Worked out at like £15 for a double burger, fries and drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Don't rate Bunsen at all. Wowburger is the best in Dublin by a distance for me, and probably on a par with Five Guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Bunsen by a mile, the meat tastes the best. Having burger cooked medium is like heroin and the Brioche bun is perfect, not too sweet. Bunsen could do up their gem though, there is a burger place in Portland that's almost identical to bunsen. But there sauce and cheese is top class. Goats cheese, chev and blue are on the menu. Bunsen uses horrible american style cheese.

5 guys is decent, there are a lot of options but it still tastes like a fast food burger. I liked wow burger but I would choose bunsen every time over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Jesus! I didn't know 5 guys were that expensive in the UK! That is a rip off!!!

I have a vague recollection of a Large drink with large fries and a bacon cheeseburger (the double one is the norm) being about 18 dollars or so in Vancouver.

£15???!!! They can go swing for that price.

But they are also unreal burgers. People talk about In n Out burger. I had it in Hollywood and while it was nice, I still think 5G is much better!

But yeah, I won't be paying that extortionate amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yeah 5 Guys isn't cheap. We went to the one in Lakeside, Essex a few months ago and managed to spend £27 on 2 burgers, 2 chips and 2 drinks. It was bloody lovely though and in their defence the burgers are double by default (you can go single for cheaper) and 1 regular chips is enough for 2 people (they're delivered in an overflowing cup inside a bag, very generous portion). Still expensive enough ensure only very irregular visits.

Singer wrote: »
    There was a timely piece in today's Sunday Business Post stating that the Stephen's Green plan has been shelved due to planning issues, however there's another location in the works.

so, erm, is the whole dublin 5 guys burger shop thing dead now or what’s the story? or are they up and running in that “other location” and i just haven’t noticed? if so, where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    so, erm, is the whole dublin 5 guys burger shop thing dead now or what’s the story? or are they up and running in that “other location” and i just haven’t noticed? if so, where is it?

I thought the other location was Dundrum, but perhaps the Green issues put things on hold overall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭George White

Ate there today in Belfast. Good, but man is Wowburger almost an exact replica taste-wise. The chips are different in WB, but I prefer them to five guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd say that it'll never happen, far too much competition now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

According to lovin dublin the first one will open in dundrum in the autumn

https://lovindublin.com/food/exclusive-five-guys-is-officially-coming-to-dublin-and-we-can-reveal-the-exact-location

no where else reporting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Mr.S wrote: »
    But the "exclusive" they are talking about is just some random source. So nothing official and could be nothing more then rumours.

Their application has been in DLR's planning system since early June.

http://planning.dlrcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/wphappsearchres.displayResultsURL?ResultID=1982977&StartIndex=1&SortOrder=rgndat:desc&DispResultsAs=WPHAPPSEARCHRES&BackURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display?paSearchKey=1741029%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Perfect place for it tbh. Far away from the city competition of Bunsen & WowBurger and huge footfall.

But the "exclusive" they are talking about is just some random source. So nothing official and could be nothing more then rumours.

It's not a random source. Five Guys themselves confirmed the lease has already been signed with the Dundrum owners.

http://www.independent.ie/business/popular-burger-chain-five-guys-to-open-in-dublin-34886955.html

Also, I'm pretty sure you will see it popping up in the city centre at some stage as they have plans for 10 more. I'd say their expansion strategy will be similar to Nandos, some prime city centre locations and the major shopping centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Perfect place for it tbh. Far away from the city competition of Bunsen & WowBurger and huge footfall.

Too right, plenty of people in Dundrum wont think twice about firing them €20 for a burger, chips and drink. City centre is a different proposition with whats already there.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Bunsen could do up their gem though, there is a burger place in Portland that's almost identical to bunsen. But there sauce and cheese is top class. Goats cheese, chev and blue are on the menu. Bunsen uses horrible american style cheese.

Is it just me that finds it odd that apparently Bunsen could do with upping their game because there’s a place in Portland that apparently does a better burger??!

That would Portland, Oregon, United States of America – nearly five thousand miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Augme

Is it just me that finds it odd that apparently Bunsen could do with upping their game because there’s a place in Portland that apparently does a better burger??!

That would Portland, Oregon, United States of America – nearly five thousand miles away.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that he was referring to Portland Row.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Augme wrote: »
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that he was referring to Portland Row.

I really don't think he was.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

They've also successfully missed Bunsen's biggest selling point - simple, no nonsense burgers done exceptionally well.

Advertisement