Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Coursework

Options
  • 11-06-2015 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Does anyone know how they correct the projects? Do you automatically get full percent from the white book since they arent sent out to be checked? I'm just really curious since I really want to get a good grade for Science. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Kbvdpo

Coursework a for the mandatory experiments (basically ticking all the boxes,) is 10% of the overall score. Sometimes they check your copybooks but usually, they don't. Coursework B whichis the booklet, they do get marked. They get sent out along with your test you took today. They're kept in the school in sealed envelopes until you take the exam & they're both sent together , so they actually do get marked if that's what you mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ylroy

Kbvdpo wrote: »
    Coursework a for the mandatory experiments (basically ticking all the boxes,) is 10% of the overall score. Sometimes they check your copybooks but usually, they don't. Coursework B whichis the booklet, they do get marked. They get sent out along with your test you took today. They're kept in the school in sealed envelopes until you take the exam & they're both sent together , so they actually do get marked if that's what you mean!

Thanks for the information! But, do they correct it similarly to the exams, like are there any marking schemes? Or is it easier to get marks for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Kbvdpo

I'm not too sure... I did the jc myself so I don't really know.
    Found this link, it's older but the marking scheme is probably still similar! (Remove the spaces ;) )
    www. loretobalbriggan .ie /science/courseworkb/ marking%20scheme .pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ylroy

Kbvdpo wrote: »
    I'm not too sure... I did the jc myself so I don't really know.
    Found this link, it's older but the marking scheme is probably still similar! (Remove the spaces ;) )
    www. loretobalbriggan .ie /science/courseworkb/ marking%20scheme .pdf

Thanks for that, it kinda give me a sense of relief. Enjoy your summer!

Advertisement