Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door sales staff

Options
  • 11-06-2015 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

I just had a salesman for Electric Ireland call to my door and he had a printout of my customer details and started asking me about my gas suplier and also asked about some pay-as-you-go electricity option?

What is worrying is that this person tried to gain my trust by using my confidential details for the purpose of selling me a different product! Surely this breaches data protection??

This guy also had a meter key around his neck and was seen opening the Gas and Electricity meter boxes outside by a neighbour. what business does a salesman have interfering with meter boxes at all?

You may send me a PM to get my contact details if you wish to send an email about these shady sales techniques.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi foggy_lad,

We are sorry to read of your unhappiness.

We do want to investigate this for you and would like to get more information on what happened when the agent called out. We would ask that you first send us a private message with your name and address and time of day when the agent arrived at your property. Any other information that you have would be greatly appreciated and would help us with this.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

I'd be filing a complaint with the data protection commissioner if I were you.

They've passed your personal identifying details to a third party (d2d agents are not directly employed), for the sale of a non related product.

Blatant breech of code.

Advertisement