Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exam script lecturer advice check law

Options
  • 11-06-2015 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello i just need to clarify I have an undergraduate repeat exam. I will meet with the lecturers separately to get advice on the script. Last time i failed an exam and had to repeat for summer, i asked for a copy of my exam script(photocopy) so i can read it in my own time to digest rather than 10 minute session. That request was refused. Is there a law to permit this, Am i permitted to take a 30min-1hour session (permission from lecturer) to take notes on what i did wrong by taking exam script (Is this a state file or now college property) out of office and return within allocated time period?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

val man wrote: »
    Hello i just need to clarify I have an undergraduate repeat exam. I will meet with the lecturers separately to get advice on the script. Last time i failed an exam and had to repeat for summer, i asked for a copy of my exam script(photocopy) so i can read it in my own time to digest rather than 10 minute session. That request was refused. Is there a law to permit this, Am i permitted to take a 30min-1hour session (permission from lecturer) to take notes on what i did wrong by taking exam script (Is this a state file or now college property) out of office and return within allocated time period?

Best option is to sit down with your script in the normal 10minute session and photograph all the pages with your phone. Then you can go home and view it for as long as you want. I did this with a module I failed last year, the lecturer said it was fine as long as my exam paper didnt leave the room. Though do ask before doing this, as the rules may differ from college to college.

Advertisement