Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dogs nipple cut off during a groom

• 11-06-2015 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Please help.
    My dogs two nipples were cut off during a groom. She is a pure breed dog and I was planning to breed her. There are little holes in the area where the nipples were . Looks like this area never heeled. What are my options? Can she still have pups and what will happen when her milk comes in?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭endacl

tony_m123 wrote: »
    Please help.
    My dogs two nipples were cut off during a groom. She is a pure breed dog and I was planning to breed her. There are little holes in the area where the nipples were . Looks like this area never heeled. What are my options? Can she still have pups and what will happen when her milk comes in?

Thanks for the help.

:eek:

On the bright side, she still has some left!

Task 1: To the vet for assessment and treatment.
    Task 2: Report the groomer to whoever you can to make sure he/she never works in the area again. Up to, and including, taking a civil case.

And, in case it was missed: :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

tony_m123 wrote: »
    Please help.

Thanks for the help.

Wow, that's horrible!
    She'll have her other nipples still though so the pups could still feed from those. Not sure if the ones that were cut off might get blocked if she has milk.Possibly a risk of mastitis if the pups can't suckle from those teats.
    Best to ask a vet I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I think the best thing would be to ask your vet. They'll be able to assess the situation better than we can here as we can't see the pooch!
    endacl wrote: »
    Report the groomer to whoever you can to make sure he/she never works in the area again. Up to, and including, taking a civil case.

Hey now, that's not really fair. Accidents happen, grooming is a tough job. There are far more worse injuries that a dog could (accidentally) sustain during a groom. I'd be more worried that the groomer knew they did this and deliberately didn't say anything to the client.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭endacl

VonVix wrote: »
    I think the best thing would be to ask your vet. They'll be able to assess the situation better than we can here as we can't see the pooch!

Hey now, that's not really fair. Accidents happen, grooming is a tough job. There are far more worse injuries that a dog could (accidentally) sustain during a groom. I'd be more worried that the groomer knew they did this and deliberately didn't say anything to the client.

Really? Barbers don't accidentally cut off ears, because they know they're there and make sure not too.

If the groomer inadvertently sliced one off, they should be observant enough to notice bleeding. To slice off two? Well, imagine how careless the hypothetical barber would have to be to slice off two ears...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Am I right in thinking this happened a while ago? You said they 'never healed'? Of course the dog can still have pups, nipples don't affect her womb. They will affect her ability to nurse though. If they are open wounds though, she needs to see a vet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

endacl wrote: »
    Really? Barbers don't accidentally cut off ears, because they know they're there and make sure not too.

If the groomer inadvertently sliced one off, they should be observant enough to notice bleeding. To slice off two? Well, imagine how careless the hypothetical barber would have to be to slice off two ears...

Have you ever seen a dog's nipple versus a human's ear? :o

Most dogs I have dealt with (I'm not a groomer but work closely with other groomers) have flat nipples.

There's a HUGE difference between dealing with people versus dealing with animals, especially if you have to interact with them in such a hands-on situation. Barbers generally don't have the deal with wiggly, fidgety, matted beings, beings who will bite if you brush them such a way they don't like, or beings who won't stand up or move when requested.

Accidents happen, and without further knowledge of the circumstances it is unfair to say that they shouldn't be allowed to work again.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thread closed.I believe this user is a serious troll.Until they prove otherwise Im issuing a ban from the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement