Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pet insurance and dog pregnancy.

• 11-06-2015 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi.
    I'm an owner of two dogs. I tried to breed one of my dogs once unfortunately there were complications and pups were born dead. One of 3 pups might have survived if vet started the procedure right away instead of waiting for me to go to the atm and pay first! We had a very hard time after this and what was especially hard was watching my dog be so disappointed and disoriented. It was hearbreaking.

6 months forward she ran off with the neighbours dog and is now expecting mixed pups. I'm glad as she will finally be able to have this experience but at the same time I've never been more worried.
    The vets advice was to abort the pups and have her spayed. This of course could never even cross my mind. And I was seriously angry when the vet almost pressured me into getting rid of the pups because they r mixed and "do you know how many pups there are in the world, what are you going to do with them". He spoke to me as if I was stupid. I'm really angry with how he acted especially after I explained to him my dogs history and I thought vets were people who loved dogs but seems like majority if them should have became butchers instead!!! I live in a small town and he is the only vet and if there are complications I will be forced to contact him.
    So here ccomes the second part ; if I insure my dog now would the insurance cover a c section if she needed one? And how many appointments a year does the insurance cover?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

First of all what an irresponsible owner allowing this to happen to your poor dog.
    Secondly your vet is 100% right and you should listen to them.
    Thirdly no, insurance will not cover anything like this in relation to breeding.

That is all I will say on this matter because if I said what I really wanted to I would probably get a ban.

Poor poor dog :-(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

andreac wrote: »
    First of all what an irresponsible owner allowing this to happen to your poor dog.
    Secondly your vet is 100% right and you should listen to them.
    Thirdly no, insurance will not cover anything like this in relation to breeding.

That is all I will say on this matter because if I said what I really wanted to I would probably get a ban.

Poor poor dog :-(
    I agree I pity the dog but for a whole lot of other reasons...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Actually I'm thinking this is a troll going by their other post in this forum so ill be reporting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

What vet would make someone pay before they treat an animal never mind sending them to the nearest bank link.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I agree Andrea.User banned until they pm me.

The school holidays are up on us. Let the games begin.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement