Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 Rosemount Way, Dundrum, Dublin 14

Options
  • 11-06-2015 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been looking at this house.
    www.daft.ie/11065662

Anyone have any thoughts on the area?
    Or if, in your opinion, this would represent value?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

It's a lovely area, and close to all amenities

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

3 minutes walk to the Luas? Don't think so. Looks like decent value to me, though someone obviously got great deals back in 2012 as 2 of them sold for less than €100k but they weren't full market value sales, probably family sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Alkers

Its only 500m from the luas stop and Dundrum so 3 minutes is doable! I haven't been in there in at least a year but my memory was that place was always rough enough looking which is a shame since its a nice area. Even looking on street view it doesn't look great

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mrsbananas

3 minutes walk to the Luas? Don't think so. Looks like decent value to me, though someone obviously got great deals back in 2012 as 2 of them sold for less than €100k but they weren't full market value sales, probably family sales.

They are old council houses so would have been council sales.
    The flats that were in front have been knocked down, there is talk of social housing going back in front where flats used to be. Not sure how many units or what kind.
    Close to luas walking down the lane way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Apologies, shouldn't have relied on Google Maps in querying the 3 minute walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I lived on Taney Road for 2 years beside the Dundrum Luas stop and used to cycle past this estate every day(theres a short cut via Taney Park to the Luas btw) and I never had any trouble.

There's always a lot of kids playing around the field there and I never saw any problems only the opposite really as most of them are very friendly. The only bad side to Rosemount that I've seen was from a couple of drunk lads in Dundrum town centre who were around 20 shouting abuse and trying to start a fight with a group of teenagers for no reason(I know they were from Rosemount as told me as I walked by) but you can get that in any place.

I wouldnt be a big fan of that house, it looks very small. You are paying for the location there obviously but Dundrum is a really nice place to live and I would highly recommend it from living there for the past 3 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I lived on Taney Road for 2 years beside the Dundrum Luas stop and used to cycle past this estate every day(theres a short cut via Taney Park to the Luas btw) and I never had any trouble.

There's always a lot of kids playing around the field there and I never saw any problems only the opposite really as most of them are very friendly. The only bad side to Rosemount that I've seen was from a couple of drunk lads in Dundrum town centre who were around 20 shouting abuse and trying to start a fight with a group of teenagers for no reason(I know they were from Rosemount as told me as I walked by) but you can get that in any place.

I wouldnt be a big fan of that house, it looks very small. You are paying for the location there obviously but Dundrum is a really nice place to live and I would highly recommend it from living there for the past 3 years.

DLR are building 30 new houses in Rosemount

Advertisement