Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Able to move between LTV bands on a SVR mortgage?

Options
  • 11-06-2015 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭

When I took out my mortgage I was on a LTV of >50<80%, however due to quite a few overpayments I am now well below 50% LTV.

If I was to contact the bank would they move me on to that rate, or am I stuck with the initial rate I signed up to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

NIMAN wrote: »
    When I took out my mortgage I was on a LTV of >50<80%, however due to quite a few overpayments I am now well below 50% LTV.

If I was to contact the bank would they move me on to that rate, or am I stuck with the initial rate I signed up to?

Who is the mortgage with?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Who is the mortgage with?

AIB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

NIMAN wrote: »
    AIB

You need to pay to get a valuation done to certify you are now at less than 50% - should be €150 from one of the panel of valuers AIB have - submit it and then they will reduce the rate accordingly on request (cover letter requesting same).

Done it recently myself.

Not worth doing that, owe €20k. To get extra 0.2% off. Unless of course they would assume my outstanding balance now is <50%.

Should have done it a couple of years back when I broke the 50% LTV.

Edit: forgot AIB are on here, will try asking them.

Got official letter back today to an email I sent them last week.

Answer is no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Answer is no from KBC as well, I've tried several time and threatened with moving, they aren't interested. SVR only, cannot be moved to one of the lower LTVs.

Waiting till early July to see if there is any movement on SVRs from KBC and if not, I'm moving.

Advertisement