Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why don't cyclists cycle single file?

• 11-06-2015 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

I have no issue with cyclists using the road or whatever but one thing that really irritates me is when you see two cyclists together on a busy road and instead of cycling one in front of the other, they cycle beside each other, making it more difficult for cars to overtake. Why does this happen it's deathly dangerous at times.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Just for the laugh, like.
    Same reason folk drive around with four empty seats in their car a lot... cos they feel like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Maybe because if the one in front falls it could cause the one behind to fall over them.

No, wait... it's cos they are siamese twins joined at the arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have no issue with motorists using the road or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭cython

I suppose it is nearly Friday.......

• Advertisement

Or maybe it's a race and neither can actually overtake the other. They are too evenly matched. Big problem there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭cython

Ok, I suppose in case the OP wants a serious answer, have a look at this video, it illustrates one of the rationales behind 2 abreast over single file quite well:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

thelad95 wrote: »
    I have no issue with cyclists using the road or whatever but one thing that really irritates me is when you see two cyclists together on a busy road and instead of cycling one in front of the other, they cycle beside each other, making it more difficult for cars to overtake. Why does this happen it's deathly dangerous at times.

Did it seriously not occur to you to Google this? Or even to search the cycling forum on Boards for something like this (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056237276)?

Maybe they do it as a really subtle way to highlight that people get all angry about the wrong stuff?

Rich media man getting cheap loans? Well it's not really something that affects me personally. I won't get angry.

Folk from the middle east blowing each other up? Ah, I'll never visit there so it doesn't really affect me.

Two lads cycling on a road beside each other? JESUS H CHRIST! This is an outrage! To the nearest cycling internet forum so I can vent my anger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

In what way is it dangerous? Two cyclists abreast are no wider than a standard car.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Thread locked

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement