Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Norn Iron on a Sunday - places open

• 12-06-2015 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard that all of Northern Ireland closes down on a Sunday. I was planning on doing the north antrim coast on a sunday. With a tank range of 150km. Is this crazy, or will I find loads of petrol stations open?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Carraig Fhearghais

Yes, it is crazy, you will find plenty (almost all) petrol stations & shops & cafe's etc open especially in the larger towns (Coleraine, Portrush, Ballycastle etc.). Apart from large supermarkets & shopping centres etc. who are generally open from 1pm to 6pm, something to do with the square footage of the building & N.I.'s Sunday trading laws, many of the smaller shops, especiallly the touristy ones will be open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Cienciano wrote: »
    I've heard that all of Northern Ireland closes down on a Sunday.QUOTE]

Seriously.........from who..:confused:

apart from most places being open ,ther'll be twice the traffic/punters of a normal day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've heard that all of Northern Ireland closes down on a Sunday.QUOTE]

Seriously.........from who..:confused:

apart from most places being open ,ther'll be twice the traffic/punters of a normal day....

I was in belfast on sunday about 3 years ago and it was a ghost town. All the main shopping streets were deserted. Someone said it too either here or the motors forum. Anyway, looks like it's not an issue, cool.
    North antrim coast on sunday! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

I was in belfast on sunday about 3 years ago and it was a ghost town. All the main shopping streets were deserted. Someone said it too either here or the motors forum. Anyway, looks like it's not an issue, cool.
    North antrim coast on sunday! :)

Big shops can't open until 1, and most do.

Advertisement