Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where could I get a new iPhone 5 in Black (not the 5s)?

• 12-06-2015 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭

Looking for an iPhone 5 16gb in Black. Looking for a fully legit one and brand new, sealed in box.

Thought Amazon sold new iPhones but looks like most of them are refurbished.

I have checked all the major phone sellers but none of them stock it, I know it was discontinued but just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere else that may possibly have one.

e.g. Three were selling new iPhone 4 in black for a week or two online but they are all sold out. They hadn't sold them for a year before and then they appeared again.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The iPhone 5 was discontinued so finding one sealed brand new will be very hard at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

iphone 5c is essentially an iPhone 5. why not the 5S?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

iphone 5c is essentially an iPhone 5. why not the 5S?

You're missing the point. They specifically said a sealed 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

naasrd wrote: »
    You're missing the point. They specifically said a sealed 5

You are missing mine, why would you want an iPhone 5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

I hate the 5c. And I much prefer the black back on the 5 as opposed to the silver/black back on the 5s. Plus I thought the 5 would be cheaper than the 5s and therefore I'd get the colour I'd prefer for less..but it's looking unlikely.

Just thought I'd ask as I don't know where Three suddenly got a batch of new iPhone 4's from in the last couple of weeks as they weren't even 4s's.

• Advertisement

What do you guys think of a refurbished 5s? Saw this on Expansey's and kind of tempted (yes going against what I said about 'new' and a '5').

http://www.expansys.ie/apple-iphone-5s-16gb-eu-black-refurbished-267623/

Also, does anyone know if this one of Pixmania looks like a new phone or a refurbished one? It doesn't say and I have FB messaged them to find out but I might not get a reply until Monday.

http://www.pixmania.ie/iphones/apple-iphone-5s-16-gb-space-gray/21769814-a.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'd be quite happy to go with refurbished phones, because they're cosmetically perfect and there aren't any moving parts to get worn. I suspect they all have new screens front and back, and certainly Apple's own refurbished products don't look any different to the brand new ones.

Zcott wrote: »
    I'd be quite happy to go with refurbished phones, because they're cosmetically perfect and there aren't any moving parts to get worn. I suspect they all have new screens front and back, and certainly Apple's own refurbished products don't look any different to the brand new ones.

Thanks for that. Are both Expanseys and Pixmania reputable companies? I haven't any experience with either. Or www.gadgetdirect.ie had really good deals but I have never heard of them before now. The only problem I have with Pixmania is that it doesn't say the phone is refurbished or if it's genuine Apple or anything.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I wouldn't buy from Pixmania. Their Customer service is atrocious if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Thanks for that. Are both Expanseys and Pixmania reputable companies? I haven't any experience with either. Or www.gadgetdirect.ie had really good deals but I have never heard of them before now. The only problem I have with Pixmania is that it doesn't say the phone is refurbished or if it's genuine Apple or anything.

I'm not too sure but Expansys are fairly well known and I imagine they're selling phones refurbished to Apple's standards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

What do you guys think of a refurbished 5s? Saw this on Expansey's and kind of tempted (yes going against what I said about 'new' and a '5').

http://www.expansys.ie/apple-iphone-5s-16gb-eu-black-refurbished-267623/

Also, does anyone know if this one of Pixmania looks like a new phone or a refurbished one? It doesn't say and I have FB messaged them to find out but I might not get a reply until Monday.

http://www.pixmania.ie/iphones/apple-iphone-5s-16-gb-space-gray/21769814-a.html

Expansey,s are quite good i have dealt with them before, but thats quite expensive for me for a 16gb refurbished iPhone

Have you considered Groupon they do have some great deals from time to time.
    I got my 16gb 5s from them i think it was around 350euro more or less.

geraardo wrote: »
    Expansey,s are quite good i have dealt with them before, but thats quite expensive for me for a 16gb refurbished iPhone

Have you considered Groupon they do have some great deals from time to time.
    I got my 16gb 5s from them i think it was around 350euro more or less.

I did have a look on Groupon and they had some on offer but it said something to the effect of - refurbished phones are in perfect working order but may not be perfect in cosmetic appearance and may have scratches and marks.

So that kind if turned me off if I was going to be waiting to see if it looked alright.

I wouldn't really be interested in a refurbished on unless it looked perfect/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

I used this seller on ebay to get iPhone 4s 32Gb last year, got 3 grade A and no complaints. I see they have some iPhone 5 but it may not be what you want.

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/iphone-special/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

seller is iPhonespecial

Saw this on Pixmania, supposed to be new, if I paid by PayPal would I be covered if the phone wasn't new, even if their customer service is atrocious?

http://www.pixmania.ie/iphones/apple-iphone-6-16-gb-4g-space-grey-new/22298260-a.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

Saw this on Pixmania, supposed to be new, if I paid by PayPal would I be covered if the phone wasn't new, even if their customer service is atrocious?

http://www.pixmania.ie/iphones/apple-iphone-6-16-gb-4g-space-grey-new/22298260-a.html

I would say the safest approach is to email the seller in question and ask him if its new + sealed.

Hope it works out for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ramonarosie

Hey say if I bought an iPhone 5 on ebay/amazon, what are the chances that it would work with a 48/Irish sim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Phones I got were fully unlocked, we simply put the sim in and away we went trough the normal set-up screen as if you buying a new phone. All 3 phones still working 6 months later.
    I bought a TV from Pixmania and it was new, if it says new then it will be new. You are covered under the distance selling Regulations if there is an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Hey say if I bought an iPhone 5 on ebay/amazon, what are the chances that it would work with a 48/Irish sim?

100% if it's unlocked. Try adverts.ie. You could have one in your hands tonight.

Advertisement