Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicep pain from squatting and other things

• 12-06-2015 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

I have a dull pain deep in my anterior delt. I have had pains in my bicep prior to this, so I presume the pain is coming from the tendon where the long head of the bicep attaches under the anterior deltoid. This would have came from many factors; having to take three weeks off the gym and then jumping in to high frequency/high intensity training with essentially no taper; andthe fact that i don't do much back or rear delt work and practically no arm work; as well as squat form. I am happy enough with my form but looking at some videos I had recorded it's obvious that i am placing alot of strain on my arms and should try and drop my elbws lower.

I'm looking for advice on remedying the problem. I presume strengthening the rotator cuff and back musculature would be up there? Mobility too? I know rest will be top of the list but has anyone got any ideas on exercises I could do that would at least maintain my squatand bench without aggravating my bicep? For instance im doing front squats instead of my typical low bar squat.

Video of squat form: https://youtu.be/I_wxcFXnoQo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Maybe try widening the grip but not so much that you lose tightness in your upper back.

But it could also just be that you've jumped back in and done too much too soon.

If yoiu squat and bench on the same day, don't. Face pulls, rows, external rotations will help with the shoulder.

Advertisement