Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Masterchef

Options
  • 12-06-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭

Starts on BBC 18th June

Lineup this year:

Big Brother presenter Rylan Clarke,
    Girls Aloud's Sarah Harding,
    singer Mica Paris,
    80s one-hit-wonder Chesney Hawkes.

Strictly Come Dancing star Natalie Lowe and the show's former judge Arlene Phillips.

Actress Amanda Donohoe,
    Pussycat Doll Kimberly Wyatt
    Comic Syd Little
    Actors Scott Maslen, Sheree Murphy, Tish Potter, Craig Gazey, and Tom Parker from The Wanted
    TV presenters Sam Nixon; Andy Akinwolere, Yvette Fielding,
    Journalist Samira Ahmed
    Paralympian Danny Crates.

Cooking doesn't get tougher than this! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Reminder all set for next week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Very quiet thread this!

I enjoyed last night's show. A large part of it was the the "celebrities" were mainly B-listers so that star status wasn't an impediment. And, in a competition, they were pretty non-competitive. They were having fun, and it showed.

They also boosted my confidence in my cooking skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Enjoyed last night. Was suprised at Chesney! Off topic - what on earth has Sheree done to her teeth - look really odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Totally missed it! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

It was half way through before I realised this was the celebrity version. Didn't recognise any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I thought sarah harding looked very old, and i just wanted to scrub her face.
    Chesney was a suprise though

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Chesney was a suprise though

Yeah, I had to do a double take with Sarah, she's not as how I remember her at all. Her face seems to have aged a lot in the last few years for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Dovies wrote: »
    Off topic - what on earth has Sheree done to her teeth - look really odd!

I think they've always been like that... :o:D

In any case, she's still stunning. :);)

It was half way through before I realised this was the celebrity version. Didn't recognise any of them.

Not even Rylan? :eek: :o:D;)

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I had to do a double take with Sarah, she's not as how I remember her at all. Her face seems to have aged a lot in the last few years for some reason.

Well, she is the oldest member of Girls Aloud... :o:o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Where can I catch this? Is it repeated?

Don't see it repeated on BBC, which is unusual for Masterchef. It'll have to be the iPlayer.

Twitter didn't hold back on Sarah Harding. Apparently she was quite fond of the old cooking sherry and a few lines of baking soda back in the day, hence the haggard look. She's ten years younger than Chesney Hawkes but it looked the other way round.

Rylan should be entertaining, I'm sure he'll be his usual quiet and introverted self.

• Advertisement

So looking forward to Rylan! Bet he's rubbish though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Couldn't believe how young Chesney looked - I remember him from back in my childhood/teenage days, which isn't today or yesterday I can tell you :eek:

Sarah was just a bit OTT for my liking - roaring and shouting in the pro kitchen, I'm surprised someone didn't pick her up on that!

The others I've never heard of, but Chesey looks like a contender for sure - but does he have another trick up his sleeve or was that his one and only shot at a dish???

Haven't seen the second one yet, but going on the first it could be a good series.

Oh holy god, that tag-team round :eek:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The others I've never heard of, but Chesey looks like a contender for sure - but does he have another trick up his sleeve or was that his one and only shot at a dish???

:D:D:D;););)

:D:D:D;););)
    Oh FFS!

That was entirely subliminal, I can assure you :eek:

I've just got to the last bit of the second show.

Has Sarah been at the sunbeds since the series started???

Despite the cheesy conotations Chesney Hawkes brings to mind from way back when, I'm liking him more and more.

Cannot figure out who Sheree reminds me of, but I'm hoping it'll come to me because it's driving me nuts!

Can't pick between Sheree and Tish, but I'm assuming Chesney to stay and Sarah (hopefully) to go.

Did anyone else tune in tonight?

I'm just catching up now - I've a feeling tonight's lot won't live up to last week's high standards.......

How on earth does that paralympian fella propose to cook with only one arm :eek: Fair play to him is all I can say!

Bet he does better than Amanda Donohoe though!!!

That tapas chef must be the cheeriest chef on planet earth :D

ETA - hah, the smile is beginning to fade from the tapas fella's face as he watches burned meat pile up on the shelf.....!!!

The burned meat made me cry a little inside, I hate seeing good food go to waste.

Amanda clearly doesn't have to cook very often, but she was one of my favourite actresses when I was growing up, so I'll forgive her.

I think I could have eaten that sharing platter for two all by myself from Aldo Zillis restaurant, it looked delicious.

So wanted Sid Little to be good and he wasn't bad!! Have to record tonight as Im out but the Paralympian is great!

How did Syd get through when he made an onion salsa with raw onion and tomato ketchup? :eek:

• Advertisement

How did Syd get through when he made an onion salsa with raw onion and tomato ketchup? :eek:
    Unless I'm very much mistaken they're using frozen mixed veg for their mass-catering meal today (not that there's anything wrong with frozen veg - I live on the stuff - but this is MC!).

More car crash stuff this evening. I've only made it as far as Wimbledon so far, but there's no winners jumping out at me from this lot......

I really wish they'd show more of the actual cooking/recipes/ingredients, and less of the one-liners, high-fiving, and slitting open giant bags of raw meat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I noticed a bag of sponge mix in the background as well, so Sam didn't even make the sponge! Get the impression there's a lot of help going on behind the scenes. But I suppose the mass catering task is more for entertainment, the real test in the meals they cook for the past contestants.
    Speaking of whom, Andi Peters is so annoying! 'In our day we had to cook for critics, not just previous celebrity contestants'

Andi Peters annoys the life out of me. He thinks he knows everything.

Scallops are a bit overused on Masterchef. It went through a phase where nearly every other starter was scallops, black pudding and a mint pea puree. There's not much skill involved in cooking them either, pop them in a frying pan and out again.

Didn't think anyone stood out tonight. Next weeks show looks better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

... Didn't think anyone stood out tonight...
    Or last night. This week was fairly uninspiring. While the contestants seemed like pleasant enough people, I just didn't feel engaged with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Don't think ill be visiting his restaurant any time soon

http://www.strawberrygardensfleetwood.co.uk/restaurant-and-functions/

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Speaking of whom, Andi Peters is so annoying! 'In our day we had to cook for critics, not just previous celebrity contestants'
    Andi Peters annoys the life out of me. He thinks he knows everything.

Why, he's always been annoying.

He was annoying when he was in the Children's BBC Broom Cupboard, he was annoying when he devised T4, and he was annoying when he produced Top of the Pops...

:o:o:D;)

Rylan is doing really well. Very surprised. Don't know why!

Yeah same here. Thought he would mess up big time. His hair did flop in the pro kitchen though. :P

Yeah same here. Thought he would mess up big time. His hair did flop in the pro kitchen though. :P

Ah it's back to its normal coiffured self now! Arlene gets on my proverbials though!

• Advertisement

That chicken dish from Rylan looks delish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement