Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Masterchef

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Just caught up now. Love Rylan but Kimberly could do it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

If you could invite one of them into your kitchen to cook a meal for you and, to ensure that the test was a cooking one, you did not have any social interaction with him or her, who would you trust?

I'd choose Scott.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

John's apron is :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

:eek: Rylan's Lavendar stuff looks nuts. Hope not but I think it might go tits up for him.

Kimberly's beef is too rare for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

John's apron is :confused::confused:

My boyfriend said they were dungarees

No one shining in the critics round so far.

Scott really messed up his dessert.

I think
    Scott
    will go tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Aw Scott gone...

Yayy go Rylan and his Barney on a plate ☺

• Advertisement

I thought the palate test set by John was ridiculous - far too many components, and most of them munged so that it would be very difficult to factor out the particular elements.

Scott had a bad day - so much for my picking a winner.

Kimberly's beef is too rare for me.
    Pass it over here: that's the way I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Really sad to see Scott go. He's technically a brilliant chef and I think he wanted to win the most. Thought Sam would be the first gone for sure. Scott has been the most consistent to date.

Hope Rylan does it now. He's very exciting to watch as it's clear what a natural he is.

Rylan to win, fellow Essex person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Rylan fan here! Kimberly very likeable also.

I'd be happy is either Rylan or Kimberely win. Sam's food is a bit to safe and stuff I'd probably cook myself.

Edit to add: He'll probably cook some experimental masterpiece tonight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Was very surprised to see Scott make such a clusterf* of yesterday's meal. Especially the dessert. He'll be kicking himself for a long time to come.

Bit behind watching tonight's final final.

Rylan is an absolute scream in the Michelin kitchen. Wonder how long before AH's patience snaps with his mild histrionics. Bet he comes out covered in glory despite the dramatics!

Kimberly's dessert looks suspiciously easy compared to the starter and main! I know it's a souffle, but still......

ETA - OK, I take that back!

Surely it's between Rylan and Kimberly. Which means Sam is going to win! ��

Now admittedly I'm coming from a not-great-lover-of-fish and hater-of-seafood point of vew, together with borderline allergic to tomatoes - so Rylan's dish looks RE-VOL-TING!

I'd say I'm possibly the only person in the world who would be even worse, faced with that for a task :D

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Now admittedly I'm coming from a not-great-lover-of-fish and hater-of-seafood point of vew, together with borderline allergic to tomatoes - so Rylan's dish looks RE-VOL-TING!

I'd say I'm possibly the only person in the world who would be even worse, faced with that for a task :D

No I'd never be able to even touch fish, let alone squid

Angela seemed to be the loveliest mentor/instructor. For a protegée of Gordon Ramsey's, she was amazingly laid-back about it all, and not even a little bit shouty or stern. Kind of like that big gentle giant Scottish(?) chef whose name I can't remember now. Lovely to see.

They've just finished the restaurant bit - can anyone tell me how far behind I am?

Jesus, WHAT is Rylan going to produce???? :eek::eek:

OK, I've heard all 3 menus now - and if Rylan can pull off that madcap meal of his (which I seriously doubt), the title has to be his!

Oh I think it's Kimberleys trophy!

Angela seemed to be the loveliest mentor/instructor. For a protegée of Gordon Ramsey's, she was amazingly laid-back about it all, and not even a little bit shouty or stern. Kind of like that big gentle giant Scottish(?) chef whose name I can't remember now. Lovely to see.

They've just finished the restaurant bit - can anyone tell me how far behind I am?

Just shows that there's no real need to be shouting all the time and arsey with everyone to run a professional restaurant. I would prefer her to Gordon any day.

Very well deserved wiinner on the final dishes, for sure.

Although as Greg said, Rylan would be a shoo-in for the most-improved cook.

Poor Sam looked awfully disappointed. I really thought he was in with a shout, but in the end of the day good old northern home cooking was never going to compete with Kimberly's menu.

Very enjoyable series, apart from one of the initial weeks.

When's the next fix???

Just catching up now. Happy for Kimberly to win she was very consistent throughout the completion. Rylan gave himself too much to do for the final meal. Sam is obviously a good cook but pea & ham soup and beef Wellington is just too safe and boring for a Masterchef final.

When's the next fix???

MC:The Professionals is usually on around November. So a bit of a wait. :(

Great British Bake Off starts on 5 August. That will be my cooking/baking fix for the next few weeks. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Deserved winner I think. Sam looked devastated when Greg and John were in raptures over Kimberly's meal, he knew then he had lost.

Kimberly was so likeable, she could have been annoying, but never was! Also delighted for Rylan, he really did well, especially with the fish and squid. The lady chefs were very generous with their comments and feedback.

And agree with the above, Angela is a fine example of how to get the best from your staff, and it doesn't involve bawling them out of it. She was serious and you knew she expected high standards, but she still had time to mentor them and seemed patient. I'm in no doubt she could be cross when it was necessary, but no histrionics. Raymond Blanc is another one who seems to be very patient and generous with young chefs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement