Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Criterium de Dauphine - stage 6

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

What do people think of the strength of Nibali today

He attacked and attacked at beginning of race and still had strength to attack on last climb

Even in the breakaway he did the Lions share of the work...unreal considering how many riders were on the front chasing him down ( I know there were others with him but mostly sitting in except Valverde who was a bit knackered at the end)..And none of these guys were in the original breakaways like Nibs
    If he can do all that by himself you'd wonder if he needs a team at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

MPFG wrote: »

He attacked and attacked at beginning of race and still had strength to attack on last climb

Even in the breakaway he did the Lions share of the work...unreal considering how many riders were on the front chasing him down ( I know there were others with him but mostly sitting in except Valverde who was a bit knackered at the end)..And none of these guys were in the original breakaways like Nibs
    If he can do all that by himself you'd wonder if he needs a team at all

Though then otoh he didn't look so hot yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

I wouldn't have thought he's going to beat Cantador, Quintana (Froome??) in a straight up pi$$ing match on the climbs during the Tour but in many ways he's the toughest of the lot and probably the most race savy. He'll find all sorts of ways to put the others under pressure and should make for an exciting race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

MY mother has a SKY box so has all the British Channels

Imagine other TV boxes give it to you too

Most, if not all sports coverage on ITV4 is blocked on UPC due to coverage rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Fromme atill fav for tdf, if I was a Betfair man id be laying him, him and the team don't look right at all and with cobbles and propensity for finding trouble, I wouldn't be confident.
    With Quintana not racing anything of note recently, contadors magic recovery powers and nibAli's form today, the latter have got to be the better picks...

retalivity wrote: »
    Fromme atill fav for tdf, if I was a Betfair man id be laying him, him and the team don't look right at all and with cobbles and propensity for finding trouble, I wouldn't be confident.
    With Quintana not racing anything of note recently, contadors magic recovery powers and nibAli's form today, the latter have got to be the better picks...

I think Nibali is the most impressive of the lot ..because he is an allrounder & can race on cobbles , in the wet, on mountains & on rolling terraine

And he seems fearless ....and he will take on anything ...even just the way he descents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Most, if not all sports coverage on ITV4 is blocked on UPC due to coverage rights.

And eurosport don't appear to be showing it tomorrow :mad:

But having said that I still think if the other 3 survive the 1st week they will have abetter chance of winning the Tour as better climbers (in top form) imo

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

neris wrote: »
    have the other teams coped onto to skys tactics and are now blowing up skys tactics by fast paces and attacks? Dont remember any other team putting pressure on them in this way during the 12 & 13 TDF where they seemed to control the race and pace

They also had Mick Rogers as road captain a very clever rider

• Advertisement

drogdub wrote: »
    They also had Mick Rogers as road captain a very clever rider

SKY didn't have Mick Rogers in 2013 and their tactics were to ride the train in both 2012/2013 ....hardly cos of Mick Rogers who was at TCS where tactics were not that great in 2013 ...like on the Alp d'Huez day..

I think de Jongh & Yates are big losses fro SKY whose zero tolerance policy is responsible...both going to TCS after 2013

Roches diary

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/cycling/i-had-notions-of-a-stage-win-but-it-all-went-wrong-31299228.html

Seems he was going for the stage win :eek:

Here where I don't understand ...if he is dangling 10 seconds off the back and supposedly in good form why did SKY not slow a little to let him back because he could have added to the chase a little later for Froome and maybe get 30 seconds or more in return later

I know riders panic with Tony Martin & Nibali up the road but surely this is the time to regroup and ensure you have the bodies as there was about 100km to go....panic just blew guys but a larger group at a high steady pace maybe could have got nearer to the leaders

I am surprised how riders panic so easily and start throwing the kitchen sink at everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Can you watch the ITV coverage from Ireland?
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    And eurosport don't appear to be showing it tomorrow :mad:

At the risk of a ban if I'm wrong (which I don't think I am*) then download the FilmOn app from the android store, and enjoy ITV4 coverage

What a pity the TV coverage is only available for the last hour again today, if Nibali & Co have another early pop at Sky it will be all over before we see it. On the subject of which, a general change in tactics may see the need for a rethink by broadcasters......but probably not for the tdf.

Dan Martin tweeted yesterday that the days stage was the hardest, most aggressive race he has ever ridden.....

* Recommendations for FilmOn appear all over boards.ie football forum, so I presume it is legit

Advertisement