Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any routing issues today

Options
  • 12-06-2015 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

My work phone (sip) stopped working today and it seems that either there are some routing issues or  things are getting blocked (I have not changed any settings lately). I can PM the IP where I should have access...

Any help?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

andy73 wrote: »
    Hi,

My work phone (sip) stopped working today and it seems that either there are some routing issues or  things are getting blocked (I have not changed any settings lately). I can PM the IP where I should have access...

Any help?

Many thanks.
    Hi andy73

I've double checked with technical support who have confirmed there are no general routing issues at present.

I've run a number of tests on the details you have previous details you PM'd me and I can confirm that there is also no sign of any faults or disturbances.

Unfortunately we cannot assist with VOIP issues as it's not supported by eircom but if you would like to contact support you can do so via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow or by calling free phone 1901

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭andy73

thanks Al will try chatnow.

thanks Al will try chatnow.
    No worries Andy

Al

Hi Al,

Followed up with Eircom technical support. Routing seems ok but not even the engineer could do telnet <my-ip> 5060 which excludes an issue on my modem / firewall etc.
    The very same works from a colleague of mine on a different ISP.
    He reported further to the network engineers to check it up. 

So I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed.

Thanks!

Hi Al,

Followed up with Eircom technical support. Routing seems ok but not even the engineer could do telnet <my-ip> 5060 which excludes an issue on my modem / firewall etc.
    The very same works from a colleague of mine on a different ISP.
    He reported further to the network engineers to check it up. 

So I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed.

Thanks!
    Cheers for the update Andy - it would be best to follow up with technical support for updates but hopefully it can be resolved sooner rather than later.

AL

• Advertisement

Hi AL,

will do on Monday if not resolved...
    As a note tested my server + SIP port from https://pentest-tools.com/discovery-probing/tcp-port-scanner-online-nmap and port is open so issue is clearly inside Eircom network. Maybe some Eircom firewall somewhere blocking SIP ports (5060).

Cheers

Hi Al,

Port is not blocked any more today and my ip phone works fine, so it was an issue on your side.

Regards

Hi Al,

Port is not blocked any more today and my ip phone works fine, so it was an issue on your side.

Regards
    Good to hear this, Thanks for updating the thread Andy.

I'm sorry I couldn't get you any clarification on this..

AL

Advertisement