Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible DSL Speeds

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

No problem, thanks Al.
    No worries TechnoFreek

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Well fibre was promptly installed yesterday Al.
    Engineer was very friendly and was able to place the router in my office without needing to run and nasty cable along skirtings etc.

So in the space of a few weeks I've gone from 1mb to 5mb to 17mb to 65mb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Well fibre was promptly installed yesterday Al.
    Engineer was very friendly and was able to place the router in my office without needing to run and nasty cable along skirtings etc.

So in the space of a few weeks I've gone from 1mb to 5mb to 17mb to 65mb!
    Brilliant TechnoFreek

I'm delighted to hear this :)

Thanks for updating the thread with the good news!

Al

Hey Al,

Just wondering can you do anything for me.

I've had no internet since last Thursday evening. Rang tech support Saturday morning when it looked like it wasn't going to be a temporary issue. Tech support confirmed external line fault. They say it will take three days for engineer to fix.

That will almost be a week without fibre and I desparately need to be able to work from home.

For reference, I have a dsl light on the modem but no internet light. I went through the usual troubleshooting with tech support. I have a reference number.

Please advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hey Al,

Just wondering can you do anything for me.

I've had no internet since last Thursday evening. Rang tech support Saturday morning when it looked like it wasn't going to be a temporary issue. Tech support confirmed external line fault. They say it will take three days for engineer to fix.

That will almost be a week without fibre and I desparately need to be able to work from home.

For reference,  I have a dsl light on the modem but no internet light. I went through the usual troubleshooting with tech support. I have a reference number.

Please advise.
    Hi TechnoFreek

If you could PM me the reference number I'll look in to this for you. The average lead time for resolution of an external fault is three working days from when reported (weekends excluded) so that would still leave us within that timeframe but I'll certainly request escalation for you considering history.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks Al. Pm sent

Thanks Al. Pm sent
    Cheers TechnoFreek

Leave it with me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can

Al

Well Al. Do you have a magic wand over there?

Engineer been and gone! Problem solved!

Another question. Does my account number change as a result of moving to fibre.

The reason I ask is that I made a payment to my account as normal last month but I also had a dd out, presumably set up after I switched to fibre.
    Thanks again

Well Al. Do you have a magic wand over there?

Engineer been and gone! Problem solved!

Another question. Does my account number change as a result of moving to fibre.

The reason I ask is that I made a payment to my account as normal last month but I also had a dd out, presumably set up after I switched to fibre.
    Thanks again
    No worries TechnoFreek - No I've no magic wand, but if I did I would certainly put it to good use!

Yes you get a new account for eFibre. PM me the old one and I'll check if there was any over payment.

Al

Hey Al. We're you able to see if there was any overpayment on the old account? Thanks

• Advertisement

Hey Al. We're you able to see if there was any overpayment on the old account? Thanks
    Hi TechnoFreek

I have checked your old account number again and there is still no sign of an over payment.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement