Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify premium v Deezer Premium

Options
  • 12-06-2015 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Apologies in advance if this topic has come up before but i'm looking for people's latest opinions on which service is better. My circumstances are as follows:
    - i'm on a windows laptop and intend having it running on this but not necessarily as my source
    - I'm on ipad all be it 1st generation. I also have a 2nd gen itouch which i use mainly as my itunes source
    - Im on android and IOS. IOS is work and android is personal so am thinking of phasing out the personal phone when contract is up so IOS is probably my long term phone option
    - My main stereo is airplay and DLNA capable (it also has spotify but i'm not sure it works here, its a denon ceol so maybe people will know) but i also have a couple of good airplay speakers in other rooms that i would like to be able to stream to. How does this work with either?
    - No problem streaming from hope but intend listening to play lists off line on the go. Are their any restrictions on this for either or how does it work?

I'm aware theres a 2 months spotify for 99c at the moment that looks tempting but for the modest bucks involved, i'd rather go for the more practical service for my set up. Also, are they messy to de-substribe to if they are not for me after using them?

Thanks in advance folks.....mp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Apologies in advance if this topic has come up before but i'm looking for people's latest opinions on which service is better. My circumstances are as follows:
    - i'm on a windows laptop and intend having it running on this but not necessarily as my source
    - I'm on ipad all be it 1st generation. I also have a 2nd gen itouch which i use mainly as my itunes source
    - Im on android and IOS. IOS is work and android is personal so am thinking of phasing out the personal phone when contract is up so IOS is probably my long term phone option
    - My main stereo is airplay and DLNA capable (it also has spotify but i'm not sure it works here, its a denon ceol so maybe people will know) but i also have a couple of good airplay speakers in other rooms that i would like to be able to stream to. How does this work with either?
    - No problem streaming from hope but intend listening to play lists off line on the go. Are their any restrictions on this for either or how does it work?

I'm aware theres a 2 months spotify for 99c at the moment that looks tempting but for the modest bucks involved, i'd rather go for the more practical service for my set up. Also, are they messy to de-substribe to if they are not for me after using them?

Thanks in advance folks.....mp

I never really rated Deezer so I'd be going for Spotify if those are the only 2 you are choosing between. There always seemed to be a lot more on Spotify to me and some better features. That said, Google Play has the best UI of them all and contains some crazy obscure bands. Also you can upload you own collection free of charge which is a massive bonus. However, I'm not 100% if it works on IOS

Advertisement